Wanna turn my 6' aquarium into a ridiculous plant fest for my baby veiled chameleon

I am a work in progress and learning. But who's we? You have been elected by the community to be leader? I'm here asking for help to make a good habitat for my chameleon. Pretty simple. I want guidance. But then there's you. A troll. Don't be a troll. You can change. There's still time. Unless you're a narcissist. You are laying down neuro-pathways of negativity. Maybe because you weren't held enough as a baby, maybe you came from a bad family, maybe you don't have any real friends, maybe no one ever taught you compassion. Maybe you go to bed mad and wake up mad. Maybe you're empty inside, angry at the world and taking it out on whom ever you can cause you can't stand yourself. Whatever the case, you should seriously seek some solace in meditation. I will not communicate with you anymore.

Mods, sticky this thread

I agree with Monkey. Joxie shot first and got what he deserved. They’ve had their exchange, let’s move on.

However, @Monkey Toes, every thing Joxie said was correct. A 6’ aquarium just isn’t an a acceptable viv no matter how you tweak it. Physics simply doesn’t allow it. This is especially true for veilds because they need less humid conditions compared to most other species.

Aquariums do not work because everything gets trapped in them. Temp, humidity, air will all get stagnant due to poor air flow. Put your feelings aside and let’s get this right.

I agree with Monkey. Joxie shot first and got what he deserved. They’ve had their exchange, let’s move on.

However, @Monkey Toes, every thing Joxie said was correct. A 6’ aquarium just isn’t an a acceptable viv no matter how you tweak it. Physics simply doesn’t allow it. This is especially true for veilds because they need less humid conditions compared to most other species.

Aquariums do not work because everything gets trapped in them. Temp, humidity, air will all get stagnant due to poor air flow. Put your feelings aside and let’s get this right.
I don’t regret a word monkey is a POS GOOD DAY!!

The front of the aquarium is screen, I've been assured by the store where I got him from that this was suitable.

Because youre new i'll cut you some slack as everyone is passionate and without a tone it can seem like were being rude. Your first mistake was mentioning the store where you got him from assured you. Rule #1 in the reptile hobby is stores in general dont have any clue what theyre talking about. Obviously this isnt always the case, but a vast majority of places that sell reptiles have misinformation or just straight make crap up. Chameleons especially, since their needs and requirements make them some of the more difficult reptiles to keep. Trust the community, if everyones giving you the same advice that usually means it correct.

Edit: lights on the screen facing him will blind him and burn him. The lights need to be on top, measured at a correct distance. If the basking bulb is not correct youre cham will not be able to digest correctly and become impacted/wont eat or drink, or will become too hot which can cause extreme issues. If the uvb is done through glass it will not bennefit your chameleon which will lead too metabolic bone disease. Again, these need to be on top, not on the sides. If the enclosure is glass on top either cut out the glass and put on a screen or return the enclosure and get a new one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom