Wandering Jew Plant?

Tyaeda

Established Member
I love the purple leaves on this kind of vine. I was wondering if anyone has tried these in there cham's enclosure, and whether or not you had any success? Pros and cons?

They are a bit fragile and not the best for supporting the chameleons weight, but they are very nice looking plants.

I didn't have any luck with it but I just bought a Swedish ivy
The underside is purple, the vine is beefy and I'm told it's very hardy and invasive

I love the look of them, and was going to get some as a decorative thing / hiding spot for Mr.Pink's enclosure. Swedish Ivy looks really cool too. If I see some for sale this spring I'll definitely be getting some.

I can't until winter is over - I hate not being able to plant shop :(

I love the look of them, and was going to get some as a decorative thing / hiding spot for Mr.Pink's enclosure. Swedish Ivy looks really cool too. If I see some for sale this spring I'll definitely be getting some.

I can't until winter is over - I hate not being able to plant shop :(

Funny you posted this thread. Over a week ago I ran into the Wandering Jew plant at Home Depot. Though it didn't have the purple leaves like it showed in the picture but it did have a lot of small green leaves and lots of hanging vines (kind of short vines though!). I was about to purchase it for $10 but decided on just getting a pothos since the vines did seem pretty fragile. So I didn't get one.

I also saw an Ivy looking plant with the longest vines. The vines were growing all through the other pots surrounding it! It took me a little while to get the vines unraveled. Sadly, a lot of plants at Home Depot don't display what the plant is actually called, it'll sometimes say "variety" or some other wording.. It would have been a nice plant to have if I knew that it wasn't poisonous. :\

Are there Home Depots in Canada? Maybe there is a plant shop around you that is still open? (If that's what you mean by waiting till winter is over) I was surprised to find a huge garden shop with a heated greenhouse filled with plants open a couple weeks ago. You'd figure they would all close till spring. I was hoping to find baby tears but the owner of the shop said that the shipment he received of baby tears didn't survive. :(

I'm going to try to look for that Swedish Ivy, looks like a really nice plant. :) I'm addicted to buying plants for my chameleon o_o!

Back
Top Bottom