Waldo is not going to make it

Pilotman800

I don't know if you guys remember the thread about Waldo being treated for an R.I and tear duct infection.

Well.... He hasn't eaten in days, and he is not drinking. His eyes are sunken in and he is very dehydrated. He is now lethargic and is barely moving.... This is a huge upset. He was responding very well to the meds (The vet thought for sure he was going to make it) and all of a sudden is about to die.... This is hitting me really hard.... I can't believe this is happening.... :(

I know you have hard bad luck with your 1st cham going missing and now this.

I don't know what else to say but just hang in there and know that we are all pulling for you and hope he makes it through the night.

Please pm me or post here if you need someone to talk to.

Very sorry to hear this :(

This has happened to me before too and it really sucks. You do everything you can and everything seems to be ok..then suddenly the cham takes a nose dive . They are just so fragile.... I am sorry you and Waldo are going through this

Shoot, I am SO sorry to hear this! :( I truly am.
I'd put him in a warm, gentle shower. It's the only thing that's ever made my sick chams feel better, I feel, it may be nice to do something to keep him comfy. Who knows, he may start drinking and recover a little. At least it can't hurt?

force feeding etc

Your vet might be able to get a tube into him and both hydrate and feed him. There is a special mix for this. I lost my first Cham after only a month. So it is hard to watch them fade away as my veiled cham stopped drinking. You need a vet that specializes in Chams by the way because they are so temperamental.

Best of luck.

I don't know if you guys remember the thread about Waldo being treated for an R.I and tear duct infection.

Well.... He hasn't eaten in days, and he is not drinking. His eyes are sunken in and he is very dehydrated. He is now lethargic and is barely moving.... This is a huge upset. He was responding very well to the meds (The vet thought for sure he was going to make it) and all of a sudden is about to die.... This is hitting me really hard.... I can't believe this is happening.... :(

Really sorry to hear that... Try everything you can and don't give up hope until the inevitable happens... I had a Cham that even the vet thought would die in a few days because he was not feeding or drinking... I was able to get him to open his mouth and hydrate him and give him some A/D food (the vet provided it). He recovered in spite of all expectations to the contrary.

I am so very sorry to hear that Waldo seams to be fading. I don't have the experience to help... but please know that I care and my heart is with you.

Sometimes even when you do everything you can, things just don't work out. I've never gone thru this, but it is heartwrenching just hearing it. I am sorry for your loss pilotman...

I'm so very sorry. Please take comfort in knowing others care for the pain and loss you are feeling.

Back
Top Bottom