vivarium lighting

salty dog

Chameleon Enthusiast
For panther chamelions will a 32 watt full spectrum 6500 kelvin t-8 4 foot fixture 2 bulbs provide enough uva/uvb?? Thanks!!!!

Ok, I ordered them same day delivery, zoo med reptisun 5.0 uvb bulbs, would it be a problem using that on top while the other bulbs are on? Thanks again guys!!!

Ok, I ordered them same day delivery, zoo med reptisun 5.0 uvb bulbs, would it be a problem using that on top while the other bulbs are on? Thanks again guys!!!
Did you order a compact coil or linear uvb? Using them at the same time won’t affect anything, just promote plant growth and give you a better view of your cage. Make sure you have 12 hours of uvb, basking, and any plant light and 12 hours of complete darkness

I ordered compact, now I just read that is not good enough... uughh if I put it directly on top of cage over vines that sit 2 inches down, will it work?

I ordered compact, now I just read that is not good enough... uughh if I put it directly on top of cage over vines that sit 2 inches down, will it work?
No, you need a t5HO linear uvb bulb and fixture. Is it too late to cancel your order? Get an Arcadia 6%, they’re the best

Could you also fill out this ask for help form and post a pic of your enclosure, please? It’ll make sure your husbandry is at 100%

I talked to eric panther breeder last night, he said I need a uvb bulb or my chams will die, t8 will not work. I couldn't sleep all night, anxiety.... so I asked here to confirm, and sure enough. well, better to find out now, I will get hi output t5 5.0 uvb 2 or 4 foot or if I can find 4 foot, thanks!!

IMG_1131.jpg

Compact coils will work until you get linear, t8s are fine, but t5HO are the best; as long there is some form of uvb, a cham will survive, depending on the type though, they may not be the healthiest (i.e. coil). What species do you have?

I got linear t8 exo terra the only one the store carried, I posted a picture of thems. the coils are going to be for back up, I have panther chamelions

Back
Top Bottom