vitamins?

KAM3LiiON

Ok so I have read a lot of different posts here about vitamins and calcium so ide like to get it straight! I have a six month old crested cham and I gave him his first dusting of vitams the yesterday and he seemed to get a little sick ( he's all better today) but I read to give him vitamins once a week and calcium. Wih d3 once a week and without d3 every other feeding! I'm assuming this is incorrect because I have had him for 2 weeks and he has only recived vitamins oonce and got a stomach ache so I'm guessing I need to space them out because maybe he got them before they sent him to me? I use the new exo terra brand for all 3!

Standard schedule that most of the board will agree with:

calcium without d3 every feeding
calcium with d3 2 mondays a month
vitamin (contains d3) the other 2 mondays a month.

Now obviously you dont have to use mondays, but the goal is 1 session of d3 a week, and a vitamin every 2 weeks.

Very cool thank you so much! I know they o.d. On D3 fairly easy so I was having a panic attack!! Lol but thank you so much 8)

Hold on a minute, we're talking a crested chameleon, not a panther or veiled. I have no experience whatsoever with them but this schedule may be incorrect for them. Shoot a message to fellow moderator Trace, I believe she keeps/has kept these chameleons and will be able to give you much more detailed info.

I just want to make sure we don't give you any inacurate info! So I'd check with her first, see what she has to say, just in case.

Hold on a minute, we're talking a crested chameleon, not a panther or veiled. I have no experience whatsoever with them but this schedule may be incorrect for them. Shoot a message to fellow moderator Trace, I believe she keeps/has kept these chameleons and will be able to give you much more detailed info.

I just want to make sure we don't give you any inacurate info! So I'd check with her first, see what she has to say, just in case.
so the supplement schedule posted above is good for veiled chameleons?

so the supplement schedule posted above is good for veiled chameleons?

Yes, that's fine for a veiled chameleon. But other species can be a lot more sensitive to supplements in general, so it doesn't work for everything. But for veileds, yes.

Back
Top Bottom