Vitamin

Hello Everyone. I have a quick question having some concern about .. Would be ok to put a couple of drop of liquid vitamin into my little guys drinking water I have a dripper or is this a big no no . Am concerned hes not getting enough vitamin A I do have the repti cal herptivite multivitabut that's only twice monthly which contains vitamin A correct me someone if am wrong

Hello Everyone. I have a quick question having some concern about .. Would be ok to put a couple of drop of liquid vitamin into my little guys drinking water I have a dripper or is this a big no no . Am concerned hes not getting enough vitamin A I do have the repti cal herptivite multivitabut that's only twice monthly which contains vitamin A correct me someone if am wrong
So that is a no no... Do not put any in your water. And your herptivite does not contain any preformed vitamin A only Beta Carotene... There is a standing argument on whether they can actually convert the beta carotene to preformed A. FOr those that worry that they cant we do not use it. We use other multivitamins like Reptivite with D3. This would be your multivitamin and your calcium with D3 and this would only be used 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th. Then at all other feedings you would use calcium without D3.

What makes you think he is Vit A deficient?

So that is a no no... Do not put any in your water. And your herptivite does not contain any preformed vitamin A only Beta Carotene... There is a standing argument on whether they can actually convert the beta carotene to preformed A. FOr those that worry that they cant we do not use it. We use other multivitamins like Reptivite with D3. This would be your multivitamin and your calcium with D3 and this would only be used 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th. Then at all other feedings you would use calcium without D3.

What makes you think he is Vit A deficient?
I just figured they would need vitamin A as well .. But I do feed dubia roaches and give them veggies so then he can consume .. Thanks for reply appreciate

I just figured they would need vitamin A as well .. But I do feed dubia roaches and give them veggies so then he can consume .. Thanks for reply appreciate
So feeding the insects does not give the cham the preformed Vitamin A. You need a supplement that does. Like the info I gave you.

But preformed A is like Calcium with D3. It is fat soluble so it is stored in their body. Because of this it has to be given correctly or you can make them sick with too much and actually create a toxic level within their body. This is why you will always see the advice of being 2 times a month. When D3 and vitA are together it is still only 2 times a month. When they are separate supplements then each is 2 times a month rotating week to week at all feedings.

Back
Top Bottom