Vitamin E cream

grimjob

Established Member
Ok so what do you guys think about using vitamin E cream on chameleons to help with a shed? I've used it before on green tree pythons if they have had a bad shed, it jut helps it come off a lot easier for them, I only use straight vitamin E cream with no additives and stuff. Let me know what you think.

Nathan

Probably wont hurt them (apart from possible interaction stress)
but I have to suggest that if the chameleon is having trouble shedding, it would be Best to address the cause, rather than treat the symptom. A chameleon shouldnt have any difficulty shedding without assistance.

Probably wont hurt them (apart from possible interaction stress)
but I have to suggest that if the chameleon is having trouble shedding, it would be Best to address the cause, rather than treat the symptom. A chameleon shouldnt have any difficulty shedding without assistance.

i agree with sandra up the humidity and you should solve the problem without aid

I totally agree I've gotta fix the problem, this is his first shed in his new mesh cage, he was in a glass cage before and had no problems with his shed I've gotta cover some of the cage with Perspex, I just thought the cream could just help get the rest off

I totally agree I've gotta fix the problem, this is his first shed in his new mesh cage, he was in a glass cage before and had no problems with his shed I've gotta cover some of the cage with Perspex, I just thought the cream could just help get the rest off

Makes sense. A drastic change in caging / humidity can result in a difficult shed. Do mist a bit more, to see if that helps. But the cream is unlikely to hurt

i put a drop of Jojoba oil on Tobias when he had a piece of skin that wouldnt come off for 3 weeks. it worked great!

Back
Top Bottom