Vitamin A suppliment

Only covers vitamin A and vitamin E for one type of chameleon, but at least it’s something. I’ve been using the gut load that they designed in that study on my mealworms for 48 hours before I give them to my gecko.
We're only talking about vitamin A in this thread.
What one type of chmeleons re you talking about?

We're only talking about vitamin A in this thread.
What one type of chmeleons re you talking about?
5AC00FEA-9A70-4DA7-AA1D-494E17E03EBF.jpeg

Whoops I mean vitamin D3 not E sorry 😂.

I thought you were replying to a conversation on the minimum and maximum vitamin requirements of chameleons. Sorry for the confusion.

@kinyonga I’m almost done with the samples of the “GLD” they gave me.

Attachments

• 525FAEB8-EEC0-402C-B8B2-48225513D4ED.jpeg
    525FAEB8-EEC0-402C-B8B2-48225513D4ED.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 9FABE485-4646-4487-A7E8-C61A797BA1A5.jpeg
    9FABE485-4646-4487-A7E8-C61A797BA1A5.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 54
This might be of interest...
"The minimum target vitamin A levels were achieved, again after gut-loading for only one day, and these continued rising until the fourth day at which time they decreased but were still above the target minimum"...
http://titag.org/2015/2015papers/attardcrickets.pdf
Were those target levels specific to chameleons or even reptiles or did they fit into this category for the article:

“However, for some nutrients these are also not well known and were extrapolated from the National Research Council (NRC) requirements for rats and the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) requirements for cats “

From your last post...Were those target levels specific to chameleons or even reptiles or did they fit into this category for the article:
“However, for some nutrients these are also not well known and were extrapolated from the National Research Council (NRC) requirements for rats and the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) requirements for cats “...
I'm not sure. I'm wondering if it came from a study done by Ferguson?

One more longer version of the previous article...
https://atrium.lib.uoguelph.ca/xmlu.../6653/Attard_Lydia_2013_05_MSc.pdf?sequence=1

Back
Top Bottom