Vitamin A deficiency...photo comparison too...

Pictures didn't load:(

They loaded ok for me on the computer, within the PDF.

This was very helpful. I am certain that Penne (now 1year old) suffered/suffers from Vit A deficiency and as a result has the blepharedema and debris / keratin buildup under the eyelids. Two trips to the vets, and a course of antibiotic eyedrops (and oral antibiotics) were not effective. Penne was given Repashy's LoD, along with the rest of the group, since she joined us in August. I took everyone off it in January, when Penne's issues began to develop (along with other mild behavior changes with the group). I have no idea if LoD is to blame, but the group gets a large variety of well gutloaded feeders, so LoD seemed like a good place to start.

Penne is easily stressed... and was seemingly breaking down during treatment. She would actually audibly squeal when I'd pick her up for treatment. She's so gentle and shy, it was heartbreaking to see her so traumatized. Once her course of antibiotics were over, I've mostly left her alone. She still has visible bulges/buildup in her eyes, but she is very content and active again. I'm going to start looking for another vet, who is experienced with eye issues. Of the 2 vets at my (well known exotics vet), neither really seemed to give it enough attention, IMO... and I am not comfortable with them performing removal (if they'd even recommend it).

@snitz427 I hope you find a vet you have confidence in...and that you get Penne's eye issues fixed.

@JacksJill the photos are part of the PDF so I don't know why they don't load for you. They do for me...I checked again just to make sure.

Maybe this is a Mac problem as I'm on my computer. It could be a patience problem. :unsure:
Glad she is feeling a bit better.

I figure something out eventually. Article is useful even without pics.

35EA3894-E7F0-4819-BAFB-088C141647A9.png 031BDE42-DB0A-4073-B236-D0060FF31AE6.png 7B7E1838-AA0E-47E1-8C88-CABDD0F6C97E.png 04BD33A2-43FC-4741-9BC6-65CB005910EC.png 8E3EDEB1-8394-4B47-8F2B-008EDAAA421C.png

Back
Top Bottom