Vieled Not Pooping?

peridot

Hi! How long can a male veiled go without pooping? And what are the signs of constipation? I haven’t found poop in my guys enclosure in about 3 weeks, but he’s still eating. I've literally taken everything out to clean. So, I don't think any is hiding anywhere.

He eats every 2-3 days and his last meals consisted of silkworms, hornworms and superworms.

He was also at the vet last week to get a lump on his side looked at. I asked the vet to feel around on his stomach, but the vet didn't mention that anything felt weird or hard, like he was impacted.

When do I need to start worrying?

----------------

Your Chameleon - Male Veiled chameleon, had since August of 2018. Unsure of age.

Feeding - Super Worms, wax worms, horn worms, silk worms. I gut load with Mango, Turnips, Kale, Carrots, Dandelion, Sweat Potato

Supplements - Bee pollen, Repticalcium without D3, Repashy calcium plus (twice a month.)

Watering - I am monitoring him closely, and want to keep track of how much he’s drinking. So I’m syringing him water several times a day (dropping water onto his mouth and letting him drink). He has a mister, though. Right now it is not going off.

Fecal Description - He's been tested for parasites and it came back negative.

History - Purchased from PetSmart.

Cage Type - Exoterra, x-large screen enclosure.

Lighting - 75w basking bulb , Arcadia D3 12% UVB T5 Bulb

Humidity - Around 30-50 durning the day. I run his Reptifogger on high at night.

Location - North Carolina

You said..."He was also at the vet last week to get a lump on his side looked at"...this lump has been going on for a while....hasn't it?
Was it growing the whole time?

You said..."He was also at the vet last week to get a lump on his side looked at"...this lump has been going on for a while....hasn't it?
Was it growing the whole time?

The small little lump appeared at the beginning of the month and he had a quick procedure (he wasn’t put to sleep) at the vet to get it removed.

Back
Top Bottom