Video tour of my vivariums! (Before I move and have to take them apart)

Connorology

Avid Member
Hello All,

I am moving soon and will need to take apart my grown in bioactive setups in order to be able to move them. I knew this was coming, but it's still sort of a bummer.

I figured I'd share them here, so we can all enjoy them before I have to start over. My cham is timestamped if you just want to start there. Link is below. Does anyone have tips for moving large vivariums?

Best,

Connor

When i moved my 36x18x36 bioactive ExoTerra the first time, it took four people and a wooden "stretcher". Granted, I left the substrate in like a psychopath! Never again ?‍♀️ I'm about to move for a second time, and this time I'll be separating the plants and substrate into bins. I was able to move the enclosure (empty) with 2 people, so that's definitely the way to go!

Getting the enclosure onto some sort of frame makes them a lot easier to move, and i highly recommend it! I'm blanking on what you'd call it, but we used a rectangular wooden frame on wheels, with handles on each end for easier lifting. Without the frame, there really isn't anywhere to get a good grip on it, and those raised edges on the bottom aren't nice on the fingers!

Good luck! I'm kinda excited to rebuild mone on the other end. Going to strip some of the custom work and redo it

Thanks everyone! I knew when I set up this terrarium in my room up a giant flight of stairs it would come back to bite me. Now time to pay the piper haha

Back
Top Bottom