vibrating

Daybed

So today before work I was feeding my little guy a cricket and he zapped it and held it in its mouth, then he saw a house fly and started vibrating (like a cell phone is the best way to describe it) he did it 2 times and then proceeded with the food in his mouth. Is that common? I have never seen him do that before did I piss him off? Should i be worried?

Veileds are known for "buzzing" when they're mad, although they can do it other times too. Some research has gone into determining if this is a method of communication between chams. When I give injections to chameleons they buzz. :)

Veileds are known for "buzzing" when they're mad, although they can do it other times too. Some research has gone into determining if this is a method of communication between chams. When I give injections to chameleons they buzz. :)

I don't own a Veild, so have not really observed their behavior firsthand, but never had read about that in all the time I have been on these forums! Learn something every darn day on here!!

My veileds have vibrated before. Some more than others. My female Camille would vibrate every evening just before bed time.

My veiled does this close to bed time to when he's on my arm. I'm guessing he's just trying to communicate because he's never upset when he does it.

My veiled mostly only vibrates when he is mad/when I have to touch him. He vibrated the most intensely when I had to give him injections. I've also had my teeny tiny little temporalis pygmies buzz like you would not believe. I bet they would make the noise that a cell phone does when you put it on a table if I had put them on something hard!

My veileds make that vibrating thing too when I collect them off the free range to go home. They dont want to go home!! they also make a purring sound when they vibrate.

My panther makes a "huffing" sound (mouth closed) when he is mad at me.

Jackson's make a sort of huffing sound too, but it's different. Kokie "hisses"
at me, mouth open, almost like a snake, puffs up and turns black :eek:

Back
Top Bottom