Vibrating when being pet..??

MissMeela

Established Member
Hi, my juvenile male chameleon makes a small vibration when I pet his back.. I with both fingers I'll rub down either side of his spine (softly) and each time I do this, he makes a quick vibration..?? Lol It's kinda funny. It doesn't seem to bother him, I'm just curious if anyone has ever experienced this? And what it might mean..??

Hi, my juvenile male chameleon makes a small vibration when I pet his back.. I with both fingers I'll rub down either side of his spine (softly) and each time I do this, he makes a quick vibration..?? Lol It's kinda funny. It doesn't seem to bother him, I'm just curious if anyone has ever experienced this? And what it might mean..??

Some species vibrate when touched or disturbed, and some also use vibrations as a type of communication. Most species do not like to be touched on the back or head.

That vibration is indicating he is pretty upset. So, yes, it does bother him because you are stressing him, probably a lot.

Back
Top Bottom