Vet Visit Questions?

_kale_//latd_

I'm going to take my first Veiled Chameleon to the vet for a wellness visit. This is the first time I've taken her to the vet, and I'm unsure what should I ask to be done? I know that some people have fecal checks done, so should I have a fecal test done? Or does the vet recommend what I should have done for her in terms of the visit? What are the really important questions I need to make sure to ask?

I've been doing research but I really want to be thorough. I'd appreciate any help and experience!

Well is there any concerns you have going forward? I actually just used the husbandry form from here, told my vet exactly what i had on it and I voiced my concerns. Unfortunatley I think the vet I had was not as expereinced as i wouldve liked and ened up misdiagnosed 😒 so be stern in what you would like done. I think its smart to get the fecal done just to be safe. Ask questions about their knowledge on chameleons[specificaly your species] and if they seem like they know wtf their talkin about move forward and see if there are improvements that can be made to your setup or any changes that need to be made. Good luck!🍻

I'm going to take my first Veiled Chameleon to the vet for a wellness visit. This is the first time I've taken her to the vet, and I'm unsure what should I ask to be done? I know that some people have fecal checks done, so should I have a fecal test done? Or does the vet recommend what I should have done for her in terms of the visit? What are the really important questions I need to make sure to ask?

I've been doing research but I really want to be thorough. I'd appreciate any help and experience!
Get a fecal done (bring a fresh sample), do bloodwork and x-rays, etc. Ask any and all questions that you want/need to for your cham, tell her/him about anything out of the ordinary with your cham (behavior or something visibly wrong with your cham, etc), go over all aspects of husbandry, etc. Do not let the vet give your cham medicine without a diagnosis! Only let them treat your cham if they show you what‘s wrong from test results and have definitive proof of whatever it is. Also, after the visit (if you liked that veterinarian-if not, find a new and more experienced chameleon vet to go to and redo this), bring more fresh fecal samples to drop off there (at least 2-3+ more) so they can make sure no parasites that didn’t show up in the previous checks aren’t there.

Get a fecal done (bring a fresh sample), do bloodwork and x-rays, etc. Ask any and all questions that you want/need to for your cham, tell her/him about anything out of the ordinary with your cham (behavior or something visibly wrong with your cham, etc), go over all aspects of husbandry, etc. Do not let the vet give your cham medicine without a diagnosis! Only let them treat your cham if they show you what‘s wrong from test results and have definitive proof of whatever it is. Also, after the visit (if you liked that veterinarian-if not, find a new and more experienced chameleon vet to go to and redo this), bring more fresh fecal samples to drop off there (at least 2-3+ more) so they can make sure no parasites that didn’t show up in the previous checks aren’t there.
Edit: just parasites, not no parasites

Well is there any concerns you have going forward? I actually just used the husbandry form from here, told my vet exactly what i had on it and I voiced my concerns. Unfortunatley I think the vet I had was not as expereinced as i wouldve liked and ened up misdiagnosed 😒 so be stern in what you would like done. I think its smart to get the fecal done just to be safe. Ask questions about their knowledge on chameleons[specificaly your species] and if they seem like they know wtf their talkin about move forward and see if there are improvements that can be made to your setup or any changes that need to be made. Good luck!🍻
Remember that you are paying them for a service so tell them what you want done.😆

Back
Top Bottom