Vet Appointment- Reschedule ?

Hey all! I have a female veiled, I got her from a pretty bad situation so I was going to see a reptile vet this afternoon to get her checked up and to see if she was gravid, or just very overweight. The only thing is yesterday she went down to check out her lay bin, and this morning she’s been down there looking around, hasn’t started digging holes yet but I assume she will soon. She’s still been eating good, and hasn’t evacuated her bowels.

Should I just leave her to do her thing, or should I take her to the vet this afternoon? Thanks in advance!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - 2 year old female veiled. I’ve had her a week or two
  • Handling - I hand feed her so she climbs onto my arm every other day, but I don’t take her out of her enclosure often.
  • Feeding - 5-7 crickets every other day, and normally a hornworm as well. I’ve been gutloading her feeders with kale and orange.
  • Supplements - calcium with LoD every feeding, multivitamin once every two weeks
  • Watering - I have a mister I run 3X a night for two minutes, and a dripper I have going in the mornings and evenings
  • Fecal Description - it’s been about a week, but her urate and droppings all looked standard
  • History - previously she was in a small glass enclosure with a coiled UVB, getting 10 crickets a day and only supplemented with calcium

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 2’x2’x4’ screen
  • Lighting - reptisun 5.0 UVB, 75 Watt basking, and a plant growth light. I turn her uvb on at 7, plant/basking light at 7:30 and run them for 12 hours
  • Temperature - 68 overnight, right under her basking stays between 80-85. I have a digital reader
  • Humidity - I have a mister, and a fogger I haven’t set up yet. During the day around 30, at night normally 60
  • Plants - Dracanea and a money tree
  • Placement - she’s not near any vents, she’s on a shelf, the top of her cage is above my head
  • Location - north alberta
  • heres her lay bin and a photo of her from the weekend

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - 2 year old female veiled. I’ve had her a week or two
  • Handling - I hand feed her so she climbs onto my arm every other day, but I don’t take her out of her enclosure often.
  • Feeding - 5-7 crickets every other day, and normally a hornworm as well. I’ve been gutloading her feeders with kale and orange.
  • Supplements - calcium with LoD every feeding, multivitamin once every two weeks
  • Watering - I have a mister I run 3X a night for two minutes, and a dripper I have going in the mornings and evenings
  • Fecal Description - it’s been about a week, but her urate and droppings all looked standard
  • History - previously she was in a small glass enclosure with a coiled UVB, getting 10 crickets a day and only supplemented with calcium

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 2’x2’x4’ screen
  • Lighting - reptisun 5.0 UVB, 75 Watt basking, and a plant growth light. I turn her uvb on at 7, plant/basking light at 7:30 and run them for 12 hours
  • Temperature - 68 overnight, right under her basking stays between 80-85. I have a digital reader
  • Humidity - I have a mister, and a fogger I haven’t set up yet. During the day around 30, at night normally 60
  • Plants - Dracanea and a money tree
  • Placement - she’s not near any vents, she’s on a shelf, the top of her cage is above my head
  • Location - north alberta
  • heres her lay bin and a photo of her from the weekend

She looks to me to have eggs . If she is still active and eating I would take her in for x-rays with her history you want to be sure there calcifying etc .

what is her lay bin mix ??

No worries! Appreciate you checking. I already canceled her appointment before your reply (at the advice of someone else who’s been helping me out), but I’ll keep a close eye on her and book her in ASAP if I notice anything slightly off! Thank you for your help, I’ll definitely keep you updated!

No worries! Appreciate you checking. I already canceled her appointment before your reply (at the advice of someone else who’s been helping me out), but I’ll keep a close eye on her and book her in ASAP if I notice anything slightly off! Thank you for your help, I’ll definitely keep you updated!
Thank you my crew and I will keep the good vibes coming your way !.

I can't see the photos.

It's always hard to know whether to take them to the vets when they are near egglaying time because taking them is a stress and disturbance but not taking them means you won't get answers that might be helpful.

I can't see the photos.

It's always hard to know whether to take them to the vets when they are near egglaying time because taking them is a stress and disturbance but not taking them means you won't get answers that might be helpful.
Oh sorry, not sure why! /a/1WvqOUK is the imgur code, might work if you paste that after the imgur.com.

Yeah I think I’m just going to keep a very close eye on her, she’s been at the bottom of her enclosure quite a bit so hoping she’ll stop eating and evacuate soon !

Back
Top Bottom