Very weak

Kurtis

hi I have saved a vehild that I have known of it was my buddies an now. The bones are so weak and she has no calcium or nothing so iam going to try my best to bring her back to life i have a couple of my own an kinda. Know what to do but any help would be appreciated

Need help just brought in a new chamilion that my buddie had no idea what he was doing she has no calcium or anything

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 181
Last edited by a moderator:
Poor little thing! She needs to get liquid calcium asap and may need other supportive care such as rehydration by dropper and maybe bug juice so she gets some calories and electrolytes. She may be very very fragile so trying to forcefeed her may not be possible. If she shows no interest or ability to lick droplets off her nose she may be too far gone to help. If she's entirely shut down and not reacting to anything it might be kindest to let her go as she's probably in pain too.

Poor little thing! She needs to get liquid calcium asap and may need other supportive care such as rehydration by dropper and maybe bug juice so she gets some calories and electrolytes. She may be very very fragile so trying to forcefeed her may not be possible. If she shows no interest or ability to lick droplets off her nose she may be too far gone to help. If she's entirely shut down and not reacting to anything it might be kindest to let her go as she's probably in pain too.
I have got her to eat a very small worm and I loaded it with calcium she has drank water off of her nose an I have seen her try to move around I feel so bad where do I get that stuff from the liquid

Is there anything that i could doo or have I have a uvb on her and I think iam going to just keep that light on her as much as I can I don't think she had very much uvb or anything

You could take her to a vet and get calcium injections. This is just heartbreaking and maddening at the same time. What is wrong people getting animals and not researching about their care first?. So you just buy an animal and wing it?? I just don't understand how this happens with the internet and all the available resources out there today. It is very upsetting to me to see this. If you live in a warm place you can get her out in the sun as much as possible also. Good luck with her and good of you to try and help.

You could take her to a vet and get calcium injections. This is just heartbreaking and maddening at the same time. What is wrong people getting animals and not researching about their care first?. So you just buy an animal and wing it?? I just don't understand how this happens with the internet and all the available resources out there today. It is very upsetting to me to see this. If you live in a warm place you can get her out in the sun as much as possible also. Good luck with her and good of you to try and help.
Yeah I know what u mean there I have done endless amounts of hours looking over things from them and now I have 3 lol but yeah I know it really sucks and iam going to see Tomo what I can do for her but I seen some pics of them that looked in rough shape and they pulled through soo iam hoping soo

I don't know if you saw this in the health section https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...-like-how-it-happens-and-how-to-fix-it.95071/ Also, i would not have any branches up too high incase she falls and put some towels or something underneath so she cannot hurt herself any further. Yes, there have been many that have made some pretty nice recoveries, but their limbs will always be curved. I always worry about them being in pain with broken bones.

I don't know if you saw this in the health section https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...-like-how-it-happens-and-how-to-fix-it.95071/ Also, i would not have any branches up too high incase she falls and put some towels or something underneath so she cannot hurt herself any further. Yes, there have been many that have made some pretty nice recoveries, but their limbs will always be curved. I always worry about them being in pain with broken bones.
Yeah I haven't ever seen anything like this either so it really sucks she can't really walk at all and I have her little cage set up so she can't really do much she wants too now that I have gave her some food she like wants to move around or something idont know what she wants ! ?

Poor thing! It is a process to get them to recover, but it can be done. I am glad she ate something.
Yeah me too I wasn't excepting her to be that bad soo iam wondering on like do u think she will recover !! And like she is older than mine and mine is a monster this one is still like tinny and I think she is a girl so like what's going to go on for her eggs and stuff i think she is almost 2 years old now

Well her markings look like a girl and if she is 2 yrs old by now all the coloring and patterns would be present. Check the back of the back heels to see if there is a bump or tarsal spur as it is called. The males have them, but the females do not. i feel so bad that this poor thing has been living this life for 2 yrs. I would turn off the lights and let her sleep. Look at that link I sent you with that one chameleon and how it looks after 8 months of getting proper care. The egg thing can be a real problem when they have mbd because they do not have enough calcium to harden the eggs and then they cannot pass them or lay them. Hopefully she does not have eggs. If she did, I would probably say to have her put down. A vet could do xrays and check for that also. Most likely she would have died if she had eggs. Females are much smaller than the males and the MBD stunts their growth also.

Well her markings look like a girl and if she is 2 yrs old by now all the coloring and patterns would be present. Check the back of the back heels to see if there is a bump or tarsal spur as it is called. The males have them, but the females do not. i feel so bad that this poor thing has been living this life for 2 yrs. I would turn off the lights and let her sleep. Look at that link I sent you with that one chameleon and how it looks after 8 months of getting proper care. The egg thing can be a real problem when they have mbd because they do not have enough calcium to harden the eggs and then they cannot pass them or lay them. Hopefully she does not have eggs. If she did, I would probably say to have her put down. A vet could do xrays and check for that also. Most likely she would have died if she had eggs. Females are much smaller than the males and the MBD stunts their growth also.
Yeah I have looked that all up now and that's what iam going to try an get het some liquid calcium and try and let her rest and she is about a year or soo just over ! I think and yeah she has had her growth stunted badly my one year old is huge

I admire your bravery in taking in this chameleon. She is really in terrible shape. I, and many others here, realize that many chameleons can live a happy life after recovering from MBD, but honestly I believe this chameleon may need to be put to sleep. Until you see a vet it's hard to say from just the pictures, but I believe you should prepare yourself for the possibility that the vet will tell you the same thing. It's a difficult process but in some situations it can be the most merciful thing we can do. Good luck to you

I admire your bravery in taking in this chameleon. She is really in terrible shape. I, and many others here, realize that many chameleons can live a happy life after recovering from MBD, but honestly I believe this chameleon may need to be put to sleep. Until you see a vet it's hard to say from just the pictures, but I believe you should prepare yourself for the possibility that the vet will tell you the same thing. It's a difficult process but in some situations it can be the most merciful thing we can do. Good luck to you
Well I can't really take her to a vet and it's like -30 sooo I am going to try my best and see what I can doo idont not really know I just hope i can get some strength back in her and maybe get her walking around again or something !

Well I can't really take her to a vet and it's like -30 sooo I am going to try my best and see what I can doo idont not really know I just hope i can get some strength back in her and maybe get her walking around again or something !

The outside temperature shouldn't affect taking her to the vet or not unless you are traveling by dog sled or snow mobile which I doubt is the case.

Put her in a small box with lots of twisted up paper towels, close the box up--if using a cardboard box, you don't even need any air holes. Then, put that closed up box inside a bigger cardboard box and pack bottles of hot water around it. Close that box up and secure in your pre-warmed car with a seat belt.

Chameleons do quite well in the cold, in fact in her native range it often drops to freezing.

I wouldn't risk driving in a snow storm, but cold is just fine. Would you take a sick baby to the doctor in your weather? Of course you would and believe me, a baby doesn't cope with cold as well as a chameleon.

Reactions: R.H
The outside temperature shouldn't affect taking her to the vet or not unless you are traveling by dog sled or snow mobile which I doubt is the case.

Put her in a small box with lots of twisted up paper towels, close the box up--if using a cardboard box, you don't even need any air holes. Then, put that closed up box inside a bigger cardboard box and pack bottles of hot water around it. Close that box up and secure in your pre-warmed car with a seat belt.

Chameleons do quite well in the cold, in fact in her native range it often drops to freezing.

I wouldn't risk driving in a snow storm, but cold is just fine. Would you take a sick baby to the doctor in your weather? Of course you would and believe me, a baby doesn't cope with cold as well as a chameleon.
To be fair im not in minus 30 I'm in u.k but last week was pretty cold and needed a vet, so i put a towel in cardboard box put cham in, wrapped a hotwater bottle in a towel and sat the box on top of hotwater bottle, worked amazing!!

Yeah I just don't have hundreds of dollars to spend and iam going to try and do my best on my own everyone I have called and talked with has told me everything I knew already so iam going to see what I can do for her she is eating and seems stronger already

Yeah I have looked that all up now and that's what iam going to try an get het some liquid calcium and try and let her rest and she is about a year or soo just over ! I think and yeah she has had her growth stunted badly my one year old is huge
I have bought liquid calcium online from lllreptile.com before.

Back
Top Bottom