Very important question about schefflera

sarahog

Please help, I need to identify if I just bought the poisonous or non poisonous Schefflera. I read on a poll here it was a favorite for the Cham cages and went and bought one but then I looked into it and discovered that there are two types and one is bad. The one I got is about 4 feet tall, and has variegation on the leaves. I bought it at Lowes. Please someone who knows the difference tell me I'm trying to look under google images and they all look so similar. How do I know which is which?!

Was there by chance a tag in the soil or attached to the pot? Also, posting a pic would help us see what you have. :p

Do you have the one that is yellow and green? I don't think they are toxic. Do you have a veild chameleon? I know they like to eat plants as opposed to the panthers. not 100% sure on that though. I did not know any Shefflera were toxic?

Yes it has yellow and green. The tag just says Schefflera...part of the first part is rubbed off. There is a letter D and my husband thinks a W. So maybe Dwarf but I want to be more sure than that because I can't make out the W and yes I have a veiled. I will get some pictures real quick

What do you mean you have the other kind? It's my understanding that there are 2 kinds, one bad one good so if you have the other maybe I have the bad one?

What do you mean you have the other kind? It's my understanding that there are 2 kinds, one bad one good so if you have the other maybe I have the bad one?

There is no bad one. I researched it numerous amounts of time before i got my schefflera. They are completely safe for veileds. I have the one thats just green with skinnier leaves.

I have the same plant that you showed in the pictures. I heard that too when I bought my schefflera! I got sooo freaked out that I got the wrong one but it's not.

I, too, have the variegated (yellow and green) SChefflera, and the numerous chomps my veiled has taken from it attest to its safety (and possibly its deliciousness).

Oh how I love this forum site!

Thank you all so much, I feel super relieved!! I'm just finishing up redoing both my Cham cages with new plants much needed since I'm finding which ones didn't survive so well and my ficus literally has almost every leaf bitten off due to my male leaf eater;) Looking good so far I hope they like them!

Back
Top Bottom