Verrucosus Photoshoot

Chase

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello all!
Well I decided to snap some shots of my verrucosus pair. The female is two weeks gravid, about two weeks until she lays, hopefully. The female is definately way bigger than my first breeding attempt with this species, I am thinking she will have a decent sized clutch.

Enjoy!
LPR08

Note- The male sucks in his eyes when he feels threatened. He is not dehydrated.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 135
Really nice pair!! :D
I envyi you for this real short gestation of the female.. i'm used to wait some months before seing eggs with my chams!! Fingers crossed for you anyway!! ;)

Nice pictures of an interesting couple. Thank you for sharing with us and best of luck with the egg laying.

Are the male's eyes always sunken in like that?
Hope the female does lay eggs for you!

No. Just when he feels threatened. Even in my avatar picture, his eyes are sunken in. He has nice full eyes when I am not pestering him with the camera

What a gorgeous couple! Keep us updated!!

Tim, my male verrucosus does sunken his eyes in as well! :)

Do you weight your female from time to time Linkin? And do you know how much she weights at the moment?

Hello all!
Well I decided to snap some shots of my verrucosus pair. The female is two weeks gravid, about two weeks until she lays, hopefully. The female is definately way bigger than my first breeding attempt with this species, I am thinking she will have a decent sized clutch.

Enjoy!
LPR08

Note- The male sucks in his eyes when he feels threatened. He is not dehydrated.

Those sunken in eyes even when hydrated always bothered me (look as if they are sick when they are not) and probably the reason I have not work with the species more. Which is a shame as they are a great species that reminds my of what a brookesia would looks like. Have other keeper had problems with sunken in eyes or has there been an success with husbandry where males are not sucking in their eyes often?

My 9 month old male has a bit sunken eyes, but his helmet is fine and filled with fluid. That's my main focus and off course his urate, to see if he is dehydrated. I think it it just part of their appearance?

Like I said, he is plenty hydrated, and not sick as well. This species' timidity causes for them to feel threatened easily, therefore, they do things to protect themselves. I think they suck their eyes in when they feel threatened because
it protects them, just my opinion.

But, he just went poo, and urates are very white, as well as the females, the both pooed on the same day

Back
Top Bottom