Vent issue?

zero742

I woke up today and noticed that my cham has a thin white strip that looks to be hanging out of his vent. Anyone have any idea what this might be/mean? He recently shed, so I'm not quite sure if this is just a little left over or what to make of it. I'll try and get a few pictures in a little bit here. Thanks.

-Edit: Mom saw it and seems to think its a partially excreted exoskeleton(He's been eating some superworms lately).

Last edited:
Hey, my cham has had those before too, only when he was eating lots of superworms. I think your mom is completely right on what it is.

Heika

Well whatever it was its gone now. Just for future reference, is a hemipenal plug something to worry about? Thanks.

zero742 said:
Well whatever it was its gone now. Just for future reference, is a hemipenal plug something to worry about? Thanks.

In general no, they are fairly common in sexually mature males... But, there are always exceptions. There have been instances of hemipenal prolapses due to "stuck" plugs.

Jamie said:
In general no, they are fairly common in sexually mature males... But, there are always exceptions. There have been instances of hemipenal prolapses due to "stuck" plugs.
my male panther sometimes does that after eating some wax worms....

Back
Top Bottom