Venice, Italy

alexbrock

Planning on going this June. Anyone have any advice,tips, or cool stories? I've been having trouble deciding between Ireland or Italy. Any convincing arguments for either are welcome!

Planning on going this June. Anyone have any advice,tips, or cool stories? I've been having trouble deciding between Ireland or Italy. Any convincing arguments for either are welcome!

Both ;) italy is gorgeous and I heard they have amazing food. :)
Ireland is also amazing. My grandpa went there multiple times and all he had to say were good things about it :)

awesome, its a tough choice for me

It would be for me too! lol. Italy is really warm in the summer though. not so sure about Ireland. I have a chance to go to Italy in about a year or so with my school and this year to Costa Rica for Spanish but I can't afford it D:

It would be for me too! lol. Italy is really warm in the summer though. not so sure about Ireland. I have a chance to go to Italy in about a year or so with my school and this year to Costa Rica for Spanish but I can't afford it D:

yeah, i keep looking up the history of both locations and theyre both full of everything!! The castles in Ireland just keep calling my name and Venice is just Venice. I keep reading about bad smells in Venice but I just don't know.

Go if you can, see the world while your young!

BeautifulItaly-VeniceafterDark-freecomputerdesktopwallpaper_p.jpg

I keep reading about bad smells in Venice but I just don't know.

'Ehhhhh, They A working on it ehhh!" *shrugs* :D

Try rowing a gondola 8hrs a day without a toilet break!

no_farting.jpg

I went on a tour of Italy and I can’t wait to go back, it was VERY cool. Venice was really really cool because of the lack of roads and using the canals to traverse the city. Taxi boats, bus boats, the gondolas are worth a ride. The ‘carnival’ is BIG in Venice, and even out of season they push it all year long. I recommend going on a tour of the palace of the Doge’s, that was really neat.

Also I HIGHLY recommend going with a tour, they show you all the good stuff and give you info that you want to know, mine was fantastic. But if you like to totally do your own thing then they are not for you.

Regardless though I have been to both places to me Italy wins hands down.

How long is your trip going to be and what do you like in your trips? That time of year the weather is perfect!

I was very lucky enough to spend 2 years traveling Europe. I spent most of my time in Southern France where I lived for a year in Provence on a farm working with horses and a vineyard and sampling some very wonderful food and wine (lots of wine......many hangovers!) The farm was surrounded by National Park and had so many Roman ruins I was never bored. Underneath a big Fig tree on the property was an underground cave that was filled with Roman marble ruins and baths...I found it fascinating that it had laid there undiscovered for so many years until a team of archeologist found it. One thing that you never forget is the smell of fields full of lavender bushes or sunflowers.

Italy and Ireland are equally beautiful, Italians are crazy drivers and will drive on your backside beeping their horns until you get out of their way and its very busy with hussle and bussle but have the best coffee where as Ireland is just spectacular in scenery and the people are the same....really warm hearted and friendly.

Personally I would not limit myself to 1 country if I was going to Europe if I could...the Swiss Alps, French Riviera, London, Paris and The Eiffel Tower & Spain is absolutely gorgeous and fabulous food....if time permits just see as much as you can....you wont regret it.

If you have to choose between the two I would choose Italy....either way you will have a wow of a time :)

I'm planning for a week. Its not a long time, but hopefully enough to just relax.

Thanks everyone, I like what I'm hearing!!!

Just a week? In that case I agree with Chad and go on a tour for at least a few days where you can make the most of it and get a real taste of wanting to go back. I was lucky to be there for 2 years where I could jump in the car and just cross the border and take my time in discovering the culture and new food and things.

Whatever you choose you will have fun and the travel bug will bite you firmly and squarely in the bum so it wont be your last trip :D

Chad...I loved those scooters. I am currently looking for an old school Vespa :)

Just a week? In that case I agree with Chad and go on a tour for at least a few days where you can make the most of it and get a real taste of wanting to go back. I was lucky to be there for 2 years where I could jump in the car and just cross the border and take my time in discovering the culture and new food and things.

Whatever you choose you will have fun and the travel bug will bite you firmly and squarely in the bum so it wont be your last trip :D

Chad...I loved those scooters. I am currently looking for an old school Vespa :)

Thanks!!

Chameleon and Vespa Forum haha

My aunt is a military wife and she's been all over the world (her husband is high up and gets stationed at the cool places) she stayed in Italy for like a year or two and she said it was the best place she's ever been. C:

I have been to Italy a couple of times and while I have not yet been to Ireland, I would suggest Italy. It was fantastic, the food was the best and, of course, the shopping was great.... :rolleyes:.

I'm planning for a week. Its not a long time, but hopefully enough to just relax.

Does that include travel to and from? If I were you, I'd book a tour so all you do is show up and enjoy your stay. I would assume you will be around Rome? Then you must go to Pompeii and visit the area. And for sure do some wine, cheese and food tasting. Also get a Fodor's tour guide book. They are very comprehensive and useful for any traveler. Have fun and take lots of pictures!

Another thing I forgot was, when you exchange money do it at the airport or an exchange office. It is safer. You will probably get a little less Lira or Euro, but chances of getting counterfited bills are close to zero.

Back
Top Bottom