Veiled with open mouth

MyTweek

Hey guys, i'm new at this...i have a 7 month old veiled that occassionally holds his mouth open. The temperature of the terrarium is usually about 85-90. Any idea what may cause this? Could it possibly be because it is too hot? Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ya it sounds like its just a little on the hot side... my temp normally stays around 80ish at most.... I would try misting his cage more often and make sure hes drinking

Could be a number of things. Too hot or an RI. Have you seen any extra saliva in his mouth or heard a popping noise? Does he puff out his chin ever? Please fill out the ask for help form and post a few pictures.

Reactions: Hoj
Does this include the so called "yawning"... I have seen my male panther do this from time to time... He will climb from his basking spot, open his mouth wide and his chin will puff out... returning to normal within a few seconds

Mine does that a lot when it's hot in his room. I squirted warter in his mouth but he got mad, but drank it.

Back
Top Bottom