Veiled with Bulging eyes - full of fluid

SirWilliamj

I read that this may be a draining duct blockage and their is a non-surgical way for a vet to fix this? Can anyone elaborate on this? I don't have many vets in my area very qualified for exotic reptiles so I will need to point them in the right direction. My chameleon is 3 years old and has had this problem for over a year. The vet said vitamin A deficiency, uric acid. Though she did not offer any solutions other than some meds.. which didn't help. Anyway he is very weak but has been like this for a year now. I'd love to drain this fluid and see how much better he will feel.

Sinus blockage. The real issue is finding what is causing the blockage. My last one, had a cyst behind the eye. This caused both eyes and the veil to balloon up. Drained the cyst and everything went back to normal in a few days.

However the more common reason is a vit A deficiency, which causes a small problem. This leads to a bacteria infection in the sinuses, which causes the fluid build up. The vet will drain, and it looks like it instant healed, but because of the blockage, it all balloons right back up within an hour.

Id nudge the vet into a vit A shot and 2 weeks of Baytril, and not draining.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom