Veiled vegetarian

Ramrod

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi all,
Seems like my 10mo.male veiled (Drake) would rather eat greens than crickets. Few months ago I pinned some dandelions to his cage and he gobbled them up but still on his crickets,dubia,and superworms. After he went through all the weeds in the yard,I started alternating mustard greens and kale along with his staples. Now seems like he would ratherl fill up on greens and take a couple of crickets if convenient. I am worried he is not getting the proper nutrition and vitamins he needs from the greens. Can I dust the greens like feeders or should I just not offer as frequent? Poop and urates are daily and looking good but never heard of a Veiled Vegan?
Your comments welcomed

I recommend trying some different feeders besides just crickets. Try silkworms, hornworms, Superworms, flies, moths, dubia and discoids. I would lay off the greens for awhile and try to get him back on regular feeders. I’d also recommend not giving him kale very often. Green that are safe for him would be turnip, mustard, collard, dandelion and endive. Hibiscus leaves and flowers are ok too.

I recommend trying some different feeders besides just crickets. Try silkworms, hornworms, Superworms, flies, moths, dubia and discoids. I would lay off the greens for awhile and try to get him back on regular feeders. I’d also recommend not giving him kale very often. Green that are safe for him would be turnip, mustard, collard, dandelion and endive. Hibiscus leaves and flowers are ok too.
Thanks he has always been fed crickets,dubia,and supers. I raise the dubia and supers. He also likes red bell peppers. I will cut down on the kale and do a little tuff love on the others.

Back
Top Bottom