Veiled unfertile eggs

Darthroastcoffee

Avid Member
my 9 month old female veiled laid unfertile eggs last night for the first time. How often do they come back and lay more?? or do they usually get most of them out and not dig again? I just want to know basically when should I take the bin out?

I didn’t mean like that. I meant i don’t want to go in and take the eggs out and possibly running the chance of her getting any more out if she has any left what’s a safe waiting time befor I go in and mess with anything at all? the bin stays in also 24/7

Starting at about 7-8 months i give her 10-15 crickets every other day. and a few supers or hornworm, silkworm, on the days she don’t get crickets I hand feed them so she don’t over do it or miss any but nothing overdoing it.

That's a lot more food than mine would get to keep them from producing large clutches. The trouble is that when they are constantly overfeed and thus produce large clutches, they can also develop MBD and prolapse and become eggbound or suffer from follicular stasis.

It’s not as much as you think the crickets are sadly on the smaller size because the crickets don’t ever come large even tho they say and it’s only a couple worms I use one or the other I try not to over feed I just mix it up one feeding it would be a couple supers, next day 10-15 1/2 inch crickets usually on the smaller side of that I always feed in the am so she has time to digest she poops fine drinks fine I’ve had her from 3 weeks old she never gave me any worries so far

I think that what @kinyonga is saying is that the more you feed the more eggs will be produced and in turn could cause complication.. it's expensive to have to go to the vet for a chameleon prolapsing or being egg bound. Your looking anywhere from $150- $500+ She did produce a large cluster of eggs so I would feed half of what your feeding now.

Last edited:
No I understand completely i will definitely look into finding out what works I’m open to any info for feeding also if any of you would know what should I do now that she layed her eggs what should I feed, how much and should I keep the supplements as normal, phosphorus free calcium without d3 almost every feeding, phosphorus free calcium with D3 2 times a month, and a Multivitamin with beta carotene every 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom