Veiled tail

Rose:)

I have a male veiled chameleon named Pickles. I am unsure of how old he is but he is younger. I got him on November 7. I held him once because we needed to move his cage onto a more stable stand.
He has been eating a lot of Dubia roaches and the crickets. He eats about 10 dubia roaches each day or 5 dubias and 5 crickets. I will probably start feeding small horn worms and silkworms. He sometimes snacks on the Hibiscus plant. I’m using collard greens, watercress, mango and carrots to gut load them. The quencher is the Flukers cricket quencher gel cubes.
I am using rept-cal multivitamins and calcium without d3 and then zoo med calcium with d3
The schedule is the one you where you alternate between weeks. Without for sunday-friday and with on saturday or multivitamin on saturday.
I am misting him. I mist him about 3 times a day. I mist for about a minute.
He has pooped and it was dark brown with some white. He poops frequently.
I do not know any of the history. I just know he was surrendered and the rescue took care of him until he was healthy.
I have the x-large reptibreeze terrarium. 2’x2’x4’.
I have it around 80-83 for the basking temp. The night temperature gets around 70. I use a reptizoo digital thermo-hygrometer.
The humidity levels are around 52. Im creating and maintaining these levels by misting and I also have live plants.
I am using live plants. 2 Pothos, Hibiscus, Croton, Umbrella plant and Bromeliad
The cage is on a stand and its the highest thing in the room besides my fan. The cage is located in my bedroom. I keep the fan off so that the chameleon doesn’t get too cold.
I’m located in the Southeast of the US.
My problem is that it seems like he has been using his tail less. He still curls it but he doesn't wrap it around things as much as he used to. He is shedding right now. He sort of just lets his tail hang sometimes. I just wanted to get y’alls opinion on how he looks.
image.jpg

I also just saw him eating his own shed. He turned around and just ate it and started licking up the remaining pieces.

Looks like your husbandry is pretty good. I don’t see anything jumping out that would explain why he isn’t using his tail more. Is it possible he’s just not really needing to use it? Peek at him when he’s asleep...they usually curl their tails up when sleeping.

Looks like your husbandry is pretty good. I don’t see anything jumping out that would explain why he isn’t using his tail more. Is it possible he’s just not really needing to use it? Peek at him when he’s asleep...they usually curl their tails up when sleeping.
He definitely sits and sleeps with it curled up. Im probably just overthinking it 😂 I love him.

Back
Top Bottom