Veiled Swimming + Hunts fish??!

Ehhh I don't have hands on experience with MH or MV but depending on the height I doubt either could provide the UVB the turtle needs. I believe with most at max you get a 2 foot distance. Issue is they also can put out a lot of heat so if it is a small enclosure then there is that concern.

I do use them, You picture this huge area covered, but thit is not the case. It is more like a cone with the effective zones .UVI 3, being only about 18 in diameter with a depth of only about 18-20 inches. And Yes heat. I hade to switch from the 165w as those create 90-93 temp in the UVI zone.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, that was my understanding was that it was a cone of uvb and heat same as regular spot heat bulbs. Thank you for confirming I thought the distance dropped off UVI pretty rapidly at 18 inches. Then closer to the bulb you get some crazy high numbers I would imagine.

Didn't even watch it(you're all right about the idiot I'll take your word for it lol), but regarding the uvb questions about far reaching bulbs... I have one, can't remember the brand, but it can be I think around 6ft+ away with still suitable UVB levels. Been a little while since I've used it though.

Back
Top Bottom