veiled only wants to explore if cage is open

Yep so as Camo said lighting needs to be upgraded asap. I would look through the old threads on enclosures and this will give you a better idea of how "full" they like their cage. They like to have places to hide so they do not feel so exposed. lots of horizontal vines help and live plants are great. It will take her a little bit to settle in as well.
ok thanks! i'm going to buy crickets later, i'll see if they have the right light and more plants while i'm there.

ok thanks! i'm going to buy crickets later, i'll see if they have the right light and more plants while i'm there.
Try adding live plants. A dwarf umbrella plant or pothos plant. You will need to wash the leaves and cover the top of the dirt with 1 inch river rock to keep her from eating the dirt. Even re potting with organic soil is a good idea. :)

Try adding live plants. A dwarf umbrella plant or pothos plant. You will need to wash the leaves and cover the top of the dirt with 1 inch river rock to keep her from eating the dirt. Even re potting with organic soil is a good idea. :)
ok! i also heard they like hibiscus, is that a good plant to add?

ok! i also heard they like hibiscus, is that a good plant to add?
Yes it is but hibiscus like direct lighting so you would want to have a dual fixture that can accommodate a second t5 bulb that is either a daylight bulb or a plant pro bulb. They also grow quite large so better when you upgrade the cage to a 24x24x48. :)

Yes it is but hibiscus like direct lighting so you would want to have a dual fixture that can accommodate a second t5 bulb that is either a daylight bulb or a plant pro bulb. They also grow quite large so better when you upgrade the cage to a 24x24x48. :)
ok lol thanks for the info, i think i'll pass on that then seeing as how i don't have much money

ok lol thanks for the info, i think i'll pass on that then seeing as how i don't have much money
So the most forgiving plant is the Pothos and they grow long vines that the chams like to walk on. They are also quite strong and will support the weight of the cham without breaking. :)

Back
Top Bottom