Veiled not eating much

lcline99

Is it normal for them to go a couple days and not be interested in crickets? Should I try feeding something else? My approx 1 yr old female doesn't seem to be interested in eating her crickets. She will munch on greens. What's the most nutritious greens to feed them? She's still drinking (I watch her lock the leaves or catch the water drops). She's not pooping much, but I assume that's because she's not eating much. She's still moving about her cage. She's still tempermental like normal. Any advice is appreciated.

Do you have a laying bin in the cage for her to lay eggs?. They will go off food when they are ready to lay eggs. Not saying that is the case here, but good to be prepated just in case. Yes, sometimes they get bored with food and just refuse to eat what you give them. At 1 year old, you could cut back to every other day on the feedings. Try adding some silkworms, hornworms, butterworms, superworms, dubia roaches(if you can stand the sight of them)etc

Chameleons enjoy variety in their diet. Just like I wouldn't want to eat pizza every day, they sometimes grow tired of eating the same thing. Try superworms, silkworms, roaches, or hornworms. Also, chameleons love things that fly like houseflies, moths, etc.

Yes, she does have a laying bin with sand in it. Any other recommendations for her laying bin? I just put some dandelion greens in there and she's eating those. I will get her some other worms and try those. Thanks.

How big/deep is her lay bin?

How much and how often are you trying to feed her?

what is her basking temp?

Back
Top Bottom