Veiled male or female?

Mlowe22

Kidd Chameleon's about 4 months old (our best guess.) I picked Kidd because I thought he was a male but for weeks I have been second guessing myself. He has heel spurs but I read females can have them too so... maybe he IS a she??‍♀️

I just stare at this Chameleon all day and wonder if my brain is broken. ? so today I posted to a FB group but forgot a close spur photo and without that, they were certain Kidd is female. I posted a photo with heel spurs and no one answered ?

So (please!) experts...male, female, or do I need to wait longer to find out?

Thank you for your help!

*these pictures are obviously cropped so for size he's probably 4 inches from tip of his nose to the base of his tail
20201123_103804.jpg

Attachments

• 20201123_121246.jpg
    20201123_121246.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 20201123_132910.jpg
    20201123_132910.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 144
I believe I saw spurs in one of the photos. (Male) Plus, the casque is larger. I would double-check with others first.

Thank you for giving me hope! I really don't want a female as a first time chameleon owner so when I had 15+ people say female my heart sunk a bit haha. I wasn't sure if I needed to start researching lay bins with my heel spurred female or what! ?

I also need to take the time to say thank you for having this wonderful forum! I'm a huge lurker and could not have this confusing Kidd without you guys! ?

I think male, but even if female the care isn't much different. Lay bins are easy peasy. Just a bucket with play sand in it.
Everyone thinks females are harder because of eggs, but males have their issues too like sperm plugs.

I have a 19 year old box turtle that I adopted 10 years ago with MBD. I do think her issues make me more apprehensive than I need to be. It's very reassuring to hear someone say females aren't as scary as they are made out to be though! All I've seen is the opposite and lots and lots of egg bound posts... Those posts made me stare REALLY hard at poor Kidd ?

I'd love him either way...I just need to mentally prepare ?

I have a 19 year old box turtle that I adopted 10 years ago with MBD. I do think her issues make me more apprehensive than I need to be. It's very reassuring to hear someone say females aren't as scary as they are made out to be though! All I've seen is the opposite and lots and lots of egg bound posts... Those posts made me stare REALLY hard at poor Kidd ?

I'd love him either way...I just need to mentally prepare ?
Male or female, as long as your husbandry is correct, you shouldn’t have any problems with either gender. :)

Kidd Chameleon's about 4 months old (our best guess.) I picked Kidd because I thought he was a male but for weeks I have been second guessing myself. He has heel spurs but I read females can have them too so... maybe he IS a she??‍♀️

I just stare at this Chameleon all day and wonder if my brain is broken. ? so today I posted to a FB group but forgot a close spur photo and without that, they were certain Kidd is female. I posted a photo with heel spurs and no one answered ?

So (please!) experts...male, female, or do I need to wait longer to find out?

Thank you for your help!

*these pictures are obviously cropped so for size he's probably 4 inches from tip of his nose to the base of his tailView attachment 283234
most definitely a male... Love the pic of his I hate the world colors... Stunning spotting.

Thank you! Those spots were quite the surprise. He's never gotten so mad before. I tried to give him a new branch which ticked him off a little but then my husband came to help....apparently that's what he thinks of my husband ?

I bought a veiled chameleon recently and I cannot determine the sex. Can anyone help me out? He/she is about 3-4 months old. Not completely sure. Very excited about this little baby!
please help!!!

Attachments

• 2B403D22-0FF1-4744-8F51-F432AEC42999.jpeg
    2B403D22-0FF1-4744-8F51-F432AEC42999.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 08455C91-16DA-4AA0-A6A3-C57D25A0D5C7.jpeg
    08455C91-16DA-4AA0-A6A3-C57D25A0D5C7.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 0044CC05-E1CC-4BCE-8100-4138031E3F91.jpeg
    0044CC05-E1CC-4BCE-8100-4138031E3F91.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 113
Thank you all so much! Another question!! Bare with me lol I’m new!
her name is Ellie, but how old do you guys think she is? The people weren’t too sure. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom