Veiled laying on floor of viv. Help!!

Jish an speedy

Speedy my veiled about 17 weeks old has been shedding his skin he has more or less got it off but checked on him before his lights went off and he was lying at the bottom off the tank actually on the floor of his viv.

His lights have gone off now and he has went to sleep there.

Is this normal behaviour I've read about th jumping off branches so hoping he hasn't jumped.

Any ideas ppl
attachment.php
attachment.php

please copy and paste this into your reply, filling in the answers. this will help us determine if he may have some health issue. also, how long has he been on the floor of the cage? has he tried to get up or move?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

And what is he lying in? If it's a dish of water, that needs to come out. Please fill in the form and we'll see what's going on.

This doesn't seem normal and if he acts this way tomorrow I would say get him to a vet as quick as possible....I hope this is just the fact that he has fallen and became a little in shock and didn't want to return to the branches....keep a close eye on him.

That's jus the bottom off the glass viv the wire is jus the Hygrometer which I moved afta pic.
The water is from water coming out the soil with my plant in which the dripper is dripping into. I gave home a stroke and he got up and moved but stayed on the floor.
I will fill in the form wen home from wrk.
Partner is txting constantly letn me no if there any Change
Thanks ppl

i think he may have to be moved, i dont think he should be laying in water. lets see what others say before you move him tho. it concerns me somewhat that he got up and moved and then laid back down..

Wr he is laying is about 1 1/2 foot away frm wr heat may is positioned its only a small one so no to hot.
Will turn off incase.
Thanks for response Amy more info wud b great thanks

I see you havent filled this out yet, you really should it would help a lot.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

I have seen the form will fill in wen get home from wrk am jus bout to leave. Hope he's ok. Do u think I shud move him wen I get in.
He's always looked strong and has been getting about good. He drank fur the leaf the dripper was on not long before I seen him laying there.
Thanks for responses

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species= veiled sex,= male and age of your chameleon=17 weeks. How long has it been in your care? 10 days

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Once since I have had him.

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham?= Locusts, 2 waxworms an abit of greens. What amount?=6 to 9 a day depends how quick he gets them. What is the schedule= few bout 12 afternoon and few more after 5. How are you gut-loading your feeders with veg and leaves off my plant.

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule= nutribol it's called twice a week.

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use= have a good dripper working dripping onto leaves by his basking spot and water dish if he decides to av ago of that and daily misting. How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Yes many of times

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Dark hard but wet with small bit of white at end. Quite big. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites= no get was bred by a well knowen breeder so hopefully he has.

He has been shedding his skin for morning by time nite came it was more or less off

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage exo terra with screen top (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 90 x 45 x 90 L X W X H

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using?=Repti glo 10 for lighting What is your daily lighting schedule? =8 am till 8 pm

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)=floor bout 65 upto 70. Basking spot at low 80s. Lowest overnight temp?= 52 How do you measure these temps?= digital thermometer

Humidity - What are your humidity levels = 60- 70 in day go upto 85 - 95 % How are you creating and maintaining these levels?= misting, water dripper and plants. What do you use to measure humidity? Exo terra digital hygrometer and an normal 1

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Umbrella plant snd another 1 but got these from the breeder so know they safe.

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Cage is in good spot onto of tall cannot about 5 foot heigh

Location - Where are you geographically located? North west of England.

He's laying on the floor of cage no looking to good

Thanks hope this info helps if I missed anythn plz let me know
Thanks

Just got home ran straight upstairs and I think it panic over. He was still laying on the bottom but looked asleep. Opened his cage and he opened his eyes. I put my hand in to pick him up and he made a growling noise never heard that when I picked him up he was quite cold. As I lifted him up out the cage he started to run up my arm so got him on my hand and put him back on his vines. He went straight to them and wen up towards top. i think maybe he might of hot down to the bottom or fell and he cudnt get bk up because it was wet an slippery due to water. I have put a night heat bulb incase he's cold but other than that he seems ok now he is jus sitn there like why have u woke me.
Thanks for help there ppl good to know ppl r there to help. Anythn else anybody thinks plz let me no.
Thanks. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362804739.152986.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362804756.653246.jpg showing his bum ha. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362804828.969843.jpg

I am still partially new, but your supplements so kinda iffy. You are suppose to calcium dust w/o d3 every feeding, calcium w/d3 twice a month and multivitamin twice a month. I would also try some other feeders maybe crickets, hornworms, phoenix worms, roaches. Wax worms are really high in fat. Hopefully someone else will chim in, and good luck.

It's called nutrobal it contains what u say and the breeder told me to use this one. If u think there is better ones out there could u tell me them plz. The waxworms I have only gave him 2 in 10 days so that shud b ok. There's not much available at the stores in my city locusts, crickets, wax an meal worms.
Thanks for ur input

Back
Top Bottom