Veiled Enclosure question.

weezer

Hi, I've been reading up on Veiled Chameleons and know the general rule is 2'x2'x4' is an ideal enclosure for an adult male. This size seems to also be the common size for most pre-constructed mesh cages offered.

I wanted to ask this question before I pursue chameleons any further.

If I were to construct a DIY aluminum screen cage. Could I make the dimensions 24"w x 18"d x 48"h?

The reason being I don't want the cage coming out quite so far into the room. I have space for width and height, but depth seems to come out a bit too far.

The other alternative is keeping a 2'x2'x4' setup in my laundry room. It is a low traffic area and it's close to utilities (i.e. sink and a drain incase there is an issue with any of the hydration equipment). My wife isn't keen on the laundry room idea she thinks it's mean to the Chameleon. But I thought it would be ideal because of this room being a low traffic area away everyday household stresses???

I don't know... I'm still at the planning stage. No equipment, or materials have been bought and I won't be running out and buying a Chameleon before I know the setup is 100%.

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks.

I dont think depth would matter that much. Its really height that you are looking for so they can climb. I believe the typical is 2x2x4 just because it allows for branchy live plants.

Back
Top Bottom