Veiled eggs

177 days!! The big black beady eye seems to have gone away so I think maybe they have skin around there eyes now. They're also kind of getting a green tint. Some sorta greenish blue. (Hope that's a good thing) they're still not completely solid. But the bottom half is, & the middle to top is getting more solid still transparent enough to see veins but not even where the light completely shines through. Only shining through a corner. I don't pick each 1 up & candle it but a couple. The ones I have look similar to this 1 except 1 of the largest eggs I have still isn't half way full. Doesn't have a black eye anymore, still has veins tho. Guess we'll see what happens. I have started fruit fly cultures. & Breeding crickets. Have thousands on pin head crickets. Hope I haven't started the fly cultures too early. & Run out before they hatch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220321-155950.png
    Screenshot_20220321-155950.png
    389.8 KB · Views: 88
The largest egg...is it damper/moister where it's sitting in the incubator?
Yes. It's near the side, by the moisture on the side of the container. So maybe it is just more full of water then the others. I hope it doesn't burst. I haven't added more water in awhile. They're all different sizes. I had 1 that looked like it could of had a leak & repaired itself. It's the smallest now & kind of squishy but still seems to be alive

I hope they all hatch out for you with as much as your candling them and opening the container...
I just started to last month. They still seem to be growing & developing. I hope so too. If not lesson learned. I have been doing tons of research, blogs, videos, & some people ruin them just adding too much water without candling them. Some people candle them weekly with no hatching issues. I guess we'll see.

So if and when they hatch. What are you going to do with them

So if and when they hatch. What are you going to do with them?
Oops messed up my last reply. I have started fruit fly cultures been breeding crickets have 1000s of pin head crickets. When they're about 2.5/3 months I'm going to be listing them for rehoming. I'm starting a website. I have a Facebook page. & a Google business listed. So far I have 6 buyers waiting. Hopefully after they hatch I will have more. I have 35 eggs so we will see. But either way I will take care of them. They're my babies. ❤️

You said..."I hope it doesn't burst"... Exactly my concern...or that the pressure won't kill the baby.

I wouldn't take the lid off too often or candle them too much either.
I know Its not suggested. It's been like that for a couple months. Before I started candling them. Hasn't burst yet. But I have heard of that happening. Seems to have more water, more transparent then the others & the baby is the smallest in that egg. I'll chill on candling them for a while. But if they still don't hatch by nxt month. I probably will.

185 days now. Wondering if this is windowing? My brownish pinkish eggs are getting some white spots/markings on them. Another breeder I have been talking to is around 2/3 weeks ahead of me & hers just hatched. If this is not windowing, any idea what it is?

Attachments

• IMG_20220329_133550853.jpg
    IMG_20220329_133550853.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20220329_133542011.jpg
    IMG_20220329_133542011.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 77
Back
Top Bottom