Veiled eating dirt

Anisa.corp

Established Member
my cham started trying to eat his dirt a lot he climbs to the bottom and tries o get dirt but i put him back at the top does anyone know why?

Veiled's are notorious dirt eaters! Lol! Some say it’s do to a possible mineral deficiency but not proven. Do you have river rocks covering the top of the plant? All mine eat dirt from time to time even with rocks covering. They still manage to get some. As long as they are not consuming it in large quantities they are at low risk for impaction and it’s organic/pesticide free IMO I would not worry.

Veiled's are notorious dirt eaters! Lol! Some say it’s do to a possible mineral deficiency but not proven. Do you have river rocks covering the top of the plant? All mine eat dirt from time to time even with rocks covering. They still manage to get some. As long as they are not consuming it in large quantities they are at low risk for impaction and it’s organic/pesticide free IMO I would not worry.
Well actually my dirt has the little white pieces in it but I tried covering up with rock and he still gets to it

You could cover the soil with some landscaping cloth then put rocks ontop to hold it down and hopefully keep him out. The white pieces are perlite you don’t want him eating that.

money trees aren’t the best plants for veileds they like to eat plants. There sap might be harmful but that’s still a debated topic. Also they tend to break fairly easily.

O my goodness I was about to make a post about this. I figured I would read up some first. Wasabi keeps moving his rocks & eating his dirt on purpose! Lmao. I'm like wtf. I have layers of rocks. & I just see the rocks moved & boom dirt again. I'm like my god buddy. Reminds me of kids with led paint, it's like an addiction. I'm gonna have to get that cloth. Cause he straight up moves 3-4 rocks lmao.

Back
Top Bottom