Veiled chameleon

Hi. :) What kind of enclosure depends on lots of things. There is the budget friendly ReptiBreeze or DIY. https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Rept...1658793853&sprefix=ReptiBreeze,aps,112&sr=8-2
https://www.diycages.com/collection...ducts/sc4-48x24x24-jumbo-vertical-screen-cage
There are much better quality enclosures, such as DragonStrand, Zen, Tamura designs.
https://dragonstrand.com/
https://www.zenhabitats.com/products/2-x2-x4-meridian-pvc-panel-reptile-enclosure
https://tamura-designs.com/
You can build your own and get inspiration from one of the many enclosure build threads.
The most important things to consider are giving your animal as much space as possible (minimum of 2x2x4’) and ambient humidity in your home/area. However, most will do well with a hybrid of screen and pvc/solid sides.
Hope this helps and is what you were looking for.

Sometimes you can find enclosures on facebook marketplace or Craig’sList that are in good shape and at a great price. They will need to be deeply cleaned/sanitized though.

Is it the 127 one because it’s expensive
That is the ReptiBreeze and is perhaps one of the the best prices you’ll currently find. Getting set up for and keeping chameleons is rather costly. There are some areas to reduce costs - obtaining plant clippings from family/friends, using real branches rather than fake vines, breeding your own feeders, etc. Having the correct minimum enclosure size, uvb lighting and supplements are the areas where we have to bite the bullet and spend in order to keep our chameleons healthy.
Do check out some of the enclosure build threads for some alternative enclosure ideas. It’s amazing what some have come up with….from building from scratch to renovating an old China or curio cabinet.

That is the ReptiBreeze and is perhaps one of the the best prices you’ll currently find. Getting set up for and keeping chameleons is rather costly. There are some areas to reduce costs - obtaining plant clippings from family/friends, using real branches rather than fake vines, breeding your own feeders, etc. Having the correct minimum enclosure size, uvb lighting and supplements are the areas where we have to bite the bullet and spend in order to keep our chameleons healthy.
Do check out some of the enclosure build threads for some alternative enclosure ideas. It’s amazing what some have come up with….from building from scratch to renovating an old China or curio cabinet.

Because the one at petco costs 130 and it already comes with everything
Do not get the chameleon kit. There is nothing that is adequate for a chameleon in this product.

Forgive me if I come across harsh, but these are things that one should research and purchase before even making a decision to buy a chameleon to determine if one is still interested/able to keep a cham. They are most certainly not a pet that is budget friendly. Yes, you can use sticks from outside, as long as they are sanitized properly. Please be sure to read up on all information about veiled chameleons here prior to making the commitment. They are not for the faint of heart, require a lot of time and maintenance, and the initial cost of getting everything set up can range from $400-$1,000. I do not mean to discourage you, but to set your expectations.

Because the one at petco costs 130 and it already comes with everything
NOOOO!!! That is the dread Chameleon Kit of death! We’ve seen so very many sick and dying chameleons here because of those kits. Essentially the only useful things in it are the dome light fixture, bendy branch and supplements. The enclosure is much too small for an adult chameleon, the uvb light is completely inadequate, Repti-carpet is a bacterial breeding ground and the crappy little fake plant they give if eaten by a veiled, can cause impaction. I wish I were being overly dramatic, but I’m telling it like it is. I’ll also add that the employees at Petco and other chain pet stores have little clue about the proper care of chameleons, but will happily sell you all the wrong stuff and give bad info. As I’ve said, we’ve seen the results of all that and it’s heart-breaking.
Chameleons are expensive to keep and there’s little way around that. Trying to cut the wrong corners will result in a sick, suffering and eventually dead chameleon and potentially lots of expensive vet bills trying to save the poor animal.

NOOOO!!! That is the dread Chameleon Kit of death! We’ve seen so very many sick and dying chameleons here because of those kits. Essentially the only useful things in it are the dome light fixture, bendy branch and supplements. The enclosure is much too small for an adult chameleon, the uvb light is completely inadequate, Repti-carpet is a bacterial breeding ground and the crappy little fake plant they give if eaten by a veiled, can cause impaction. I wish I were being overly dramatic, but I’m telling it like it is. I’ll also add that the employees at Petco and other chain pet stores have little clue about the proper care of chameleons, but will happily sell you all the wrong stuff and give bad info. As I’ve said, we’ve seen the results of all that and it’s heart-breaking.
Chameleons are expensive to keep and there’s little way around that. Trying to cut the wrong corners will result in a sick, suffering and eventually dead chameleon and potentially lots of expensive vet bills trying to save the poor animal.
Ok ima send you the picture of this cage and tell me of its a good cage

Do not get the chameleon kit. There is nothing that is adequate for a chameleon in this product.

Forgive me if I come across harsh, but these are things that one should research and purchase before even making a decision to buy a chameleon to determine if one is still interested/able to keep a cham. They are most certainly not a pet that is budget friendly. Yes, you can use sticks from outside, as long as they are sanitized properly. Please be sure to read up on all information about veiled chameleons here prior to making the commitment. They are not for the faint of heart, require a lot of time and maintenance, and the initial cost of getting everything set up can range from $400-$1,000. I do not mean to discourage you, but to set your expectations.

Attachments

• C131678B-00F2-4779-9A3B-BC1940D1C35F.png
    C131678B-00F2-4779-9A3B-BC1940D1C35F.png
    647.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 507494DE-C840-47D3-B4BD-16B37D17B3B7.png
    507494DE-C840-47D3-B4BD-16B37D17B3B7.png
    716 KB · Views: 42

Is it okay if I just use some tree branches for now ?? Becuase i didnt have enough for it

Attachments

• 83C664CA-692B-4FCD-B17D-4DBFA8CBF251.png
    83C664CA-692B-4FCD-B17D-4DBFA8CBF251.png
    721.8 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom