Veiled Chameleon

HandBag

Hi guys. I have a beautiful veiled chameleon I've had for almost 5 years. I live in SF and I have my living room basically turned into his play ground. He spends a lot of time out of his cage in a ficus tree and soaks up sun through the old 1920s windows. When it's foggy, which is quite often he goes in his cage under UV lights.

He's always been a good eater however lately he seems lethargic and not wanting to eat. I was gut loading his crickets with fresh cherries recently (with out the pits) and I noticed he started eating the cherries instead of the crickets. He absolutely loves cherries. Now he is refusing to eat worms/crickets but if I offer him a cherry he goes crazy. The vet I take him to is 3.5 hours away and I tried a vet in SF but he didn't seem to know exotics very well.

Anyone ever had this happen?? I'm worried because he's not behaving like his normal self...not as active. He's also old I know, but that makes me want to figure it out even more...

Thanks!

I would limit the amount of fruits that he is allowed. A bit is OK, but I'd rather see him eating some leafy greens along with his normal bugs.

Thanks. He's never really been into leafy greens and I've tried a lot of different things over the years. He used to be excited about his crickets and occasional super worms but since he's tasted the cherries, he's refusing. Also wondering if the cherries are bad for him. Can't really find much on that...

Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom