Veiled Chameleon very sick need help ASAP

chameleman

I have a male veiled chameleon who is about 1 year old. In the past couple of weeks he has been showing signs of Metabolic Bone Disease and dispite all of my efforts the case is getting very severe. I need to know where I can take him to be taken care of for I fear helping him is out of my control. Please any advice would be helpful :(

I dust the crickets with calcium and also feed them a few flakes of fish food for protein. I used to use a couple of drops of reptisafe in his water but switched to the calcium duster instead which is about the time when this started happening. I am importing the photo now but a description-he has been lying on the bottom of the cage using only his arms to prop himself on the screen occasionally, one of his legs was almost completely immoble now it seems he can barely use either of them and are arched giving me the idea he has MBD. although his color is still a good shade of green and even bright green when he sleeps, now there is an arch in his spine that almost looks like he is deflating. I cant stand seeing him like this Im heart broken and need to get him professional care.

He should be receiving calcium without d3 every feeding, a calcium with d3 twice a month, and a multivitamin twice a month.

he should also receive UVB rays from a uvb bulb.

Can you take him outside for any natural sun>

The fish food could be part of the problem too...it usually has prEformed vitamin A in it...and maybe D3 too. You need to get the calcium, phos, D3 and vitamin A back in balance and then make sure it stays that way.

Back
Top Bottom