veiled chameleon tongue

bigbash

Ok so ive had my chameleon for about 2 months, and she is between 5-6 months old. i mist the enclosure 3 times a day with a spray and i keep a bowl of water in the enclosure to keep the humidity level up. ive been feeding her mostly crickets which i feed them FLUCKER'S High-Calcium Cricket Diet. i've also been trying to give the crickets a little bit of variety by adding in different pieces of fruits and veges such as water-mellon, grapes, potato i even tried throwing in a little bread. i also have a UVB and a heat light installed. and the enclosure is a mixture of a glass and screen. the main body is glass but the top is a screen. so here is the issue. she sticks her tongue out of her mouth a lot. but not like in the picture ive seen in the forums where the tongue is hanging loose outside the mouth. it is still pretty much inside the mouth but her mouth is open and a tip of her tongue is just there. at first i thought this might be normal, maybe she is hot and this is her way of cooling off so i turned off the lights for a bit. but even when the light were off she still sticks out her tongue sometimes. she doesnt do it all the time just on and off. what i want to know is, is this normal? or is it an early sign that i'm missing something in taking care of her?

Have you been supplementing D3 and Multivitamin?

What are the temps in your enclosure for the basking spot and rest of the cage?

Back
Top Bottom