Veiled chameleon sex Identification help!

__calebjames_

Hello I have viewed this forum for awhile and I need some opinions on what sex my cham could be. When I first picked him up I was told he was male but as he has grown I've gotten worried that they may have been wrong. I originally looked for the hemipenal buldge and identified it, but since he is about 6/7 months old I want to be prepared if I need to make a laying bin. Any advice is welcome I tried to get a clear picture of both the back legs and also the underside.

Attachments

• IMG_4761.jpeg
    IMG_4761.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 171
Hmm...coloring says female, but I see little feet spur nubs. I’m not good at identifying hemipenal bulges.
Gah see this is what I thought exactly. Once those colors started coming in I got concerned. Should I prepare a laying bin just to see if anything will happen?

Female... The spur would be more pronounced if it were a male. Colors and casque indicate female. These pics are my boys Tarsal spur.. He was about 8 months there but it was well developed even when I got him at 4-5 months old.

Attachments

• Tarsal spur1.jpg
    Tarsal spur1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 87
  • tarsal Spur2.jpg
    tarsal Spur2.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 87
Hello I have viewed this forum for awhile and I need some opinions on what sex my cham could be. When I first picked him up I was told he was male but as he has grown I've gotten worried that they may have been wrong. I originally looked for the hemipenal buldge and identified it, but since he is about 6/7 months old I want to be prepared if I need to make a laying bin. Any advice is welcome I tried to get a clear picture of both the back legs and also the underside.
Male

Back
Top Bottom