Veiled chameleon not eating.

At 6 months you can be feeding her 4 or 5 crickets (or equivalent calories in other insects) two to three times a week. Make sure you feed/gutload/dust the insects properly.

maybe. what should i do then? is 7 months late for laying eggs, since she still hasnt?
Each lady will reach that level of maturity at her own pace. Has she had a receptive cycle previously? She would have been showing all of her pretty colors and been super restless…almost non stop patrolling her enclosure.
I would try putting a couple of her favorite feeders in a small cup and hold it out (or place it) to where she can see it. Maybe try a silkworm on a branch.

Each lady will reach that level of maturity at her own pace. Has she had a receptive cycle previously? She would have been showing all of her pretty colors and been super restless…almost non stop patrolling her enclosure.
I would try putting a couple of her favorite feeders in a small cup and hold it out (or place it) to where she can see it. Maybe try a silkworm on a branch.
She has changed colors drastically, and has been running non stop. I have tried her favorite feeder so many times.. and she just refused. if that is the case.. is there anything else i can do?

She has changed colors drastically, and has been running non stop. I have tried her favorite feeder so many times.. and she just refused. if that is the case.. is there anything else i can do?
So she sounds like she is receptive. Just keep offering her food. Eventually she’ll calm down and eat again. I’m yet to hear of a veiled that starved themselves to death. Once she does calm down, make sure her lay bin is ready to go as she’ll be looking for it within a few weeks.

So she sounds like she is receptive. Just keep offering her food. Eventually she’ll calm down and eat again. I’m yet to hear of a veiled that starved themselves to death. Once she does calm down, make sure her lay bin is ready to go as she’ll be looking for it within a few weeks.
thank you so much

You said..."its not a black light, its a heat lamp"... It should be a white light so the chameleon recognizes it as a heat source.

You said..."she doesnt look dehydrated. i dont see her drinking though"...what color are her urates?

You said..."its not a black light, its a heat lamp"... It should be a white light so the chameleon recognizes it as a heat source.

You said..."she doesnt look dehydrated. i dont see her drinking though"...what color are her urates?
i have been looking into a different lightbulb. is there a brand, or even an exact one that you recommende?

her urates are mainly white with sometime a little bit of yellow.

Whatever wattage makes the basking area temperature in the low 80'sF.

Also you can test the bulb to make sure it won't burn your chameleon by holding your hand inside the cage as close to the light as you can get, Palm side down...if you would be more comfortable moving your hand, then it's likely going to burn your chameleon.

could this be a possible egg?
A5E6FD1A-6EB1-4E70-8F01-FD50C220FB68.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom