Veiled Chameleon Nose Rub?

Mobuddy

I had my chameleon in a small temporary enclosure for a bit and I think he must have been rubbing his nose. I have moved him to a bigger one now and he seems to be happier but his nose still looks pretty raw so I was wondering if there is something I could put on it to help it heal?

Attachments

• DCB88BF9-383E-421D-AE81-48E1537BDFDC.jpeg
    DCB88BF9-383E-421D-AE81-48E1537BDFDC.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 7DA80F1D-1EF9-49BF-9BB4-7EAC9DBEC598.jpeg
    7DA80F1D-1EF9-49BF-9BB4-7EAC9DBEC598.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 73
Welcome to the forum!

I would keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get infected...but I'm not sure what I'd put on it because it has to be something "edible".

Welcome! Great advice has already been given.

Just making sure your 100% sure it is a nose rub. Can you share a picture of the temp home and a full body shot? This can always help with semi-diagnosis- vet visit would be more specific. <------- Added that because it seems in some areas vet appointments are taking about 2 and 3 weeks out. We want the best for your little guy. You can always cancel if he gets better with the honey.

I would have a wellness vet visit scheduled just to make sure nothing else is going on. Plus, you will have documentation on weight, growth and health recorded. (y) No harm in that.

I started out using aquariums because there were no other cages back in the 80's...they worked quite well where I live...but you had to be sure to set them up with a chimney effect to move the air and not allow any water to lay stagnant in the cages.

I moved to hybrids that I had specially made because screen would not work at all here without covering part of the sides. Ebpveeven the hybrids were a challenge because they dried out too easily....so when Eco Terra's, with the front vents and screen lids came out, I switched to them. They worked the best here.

I think just like with everything else to do with chameleons, you have to adapt things for them to where you live.

Welcome! Great advice has already been given.

Just making sure your 100% sure it is a nose rub. Can you share a picture of the temp home and a full body shot? This can always help with semi-diagnosis- vet visit would be more specific. <------- Added that because it seems in some areas vet appointments are taking about 2 and 3 weeks out. We want the best for your little guy. You can always cancel if he gets better with the honey.

I would have a wellness vet visit scheduled just to make sure nothing else is going on. Plus, you will have documentation on weight, growth and health recorded. (y) No harm in that.
No definitely not 100% sure about it being nose rub so I’ve got him booked for the vet tomorrow.

Hybrid or screen are by far the safest way to go with a chameleon. You can use glass as long as you have a chimney effect and humidity and heat etc. etc. has to be and stay spot on. Its just better to go hybrid or screen especially for newbies. Just seen far to many chameleon deaths with glass. So if your good enough you can use glass. But why risk it. Why chance harming your cham

Every type of cage has its own challenges depending on where the person lives and what species of chameleon is being kept.

Glass cages in the right circumstances are no more of a death threat than hybrids or screen can be. In some cases, screen cages are just as big of a threat.

Each one of them requires common sense.

Back
Top Bottom