Veiled Chameleon! Male or Female??

charlie 1.jpg
charlie 2.jpg
charlie 3.jpg

This is my veiled chameleon Charlie! I have had Charlie for about a month now, the pet store I got him from suggested that Charlie could be a male. I wanted to post this just to be sure. He is a very happy guy, or gal? I am not sure of his age, I would guess around 3-4 months old. He still fits in the palm of our hand so I do not think he is very old! Thanks in advance.

Need a clearer shot of the back of one of his back feet. Or you could tell yourself if you see a heel spur like pictured on the back of one of his back feet it's a boy.

Attachments

• spur.jpg
    spur.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 322
Hard to tell with the pics. But I do want to ask you about the lighting your using. Is it just the double dome with the heat bulb and compact uvb bulb? If so you will want to get rid of the compact uvb and get a T5 fixture with either a 10.0 linear bulb or a 12% Arcadia linear bulb. The compact uvb bulbs are useless and can result in MBD.

Hard to tell with the pics. But I do want to ask you about the lighting your using. Is it just the double dome with the heat bulb and compact uvb bulb? If so you will want to get rid of the compact uvb and get a T5 fixture with either a 10.0 linear bulb or a 12% Arcadia linear bulb. The compact uvb bulbs are useless and can result in MBD.

so i do just have the dome lighting fixture with the heat light and UVB, do you know where i can purchase T5 fixture? also would i just need one heat bulb in the compact heat lamp?

so i do just have the dome lighting fixture with the heat light and UVB, do you know where i can purchase T5 fixture? also would i just need one heat bulb in the compact heat lamp?
Yes just one heat bulb in the double dome fixture. You can purchase them from a few sources. If you want Arcadia brand which is what I prefer because the bulbs last about 12 months vs 6-9 months. You can go through lightyourreptiles.com. They sell fixtures and the bulbs. If you are going to upgrade to a larger cage ( not sure what size your using now but probably the 16x16x30 since you got the kit) you will want to buy a T5 24inch fixture with the 22 inch bulb. This way you have the right size for the larger cage that you will need to have which is 24x24x48.
Here are a few images that might be helpful. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Supplements pic.jpeg
Gutloading 101.jpeg
UVB lighting pic.jpeg
nonUVB pic.jpeg
Basic Feeder pic.jpeg

is this what you would recommend as far as the UVB light goes?
Yes that will work perfectly. You will want to add some foliage to the top of the cage as well to create places for him to retreat should he want to do so. Live pothos plants are wonderful along with dwarf umbrella plants. Keep your basking branch at about 7 inches below the lighting.

Yes that will work perfectly. You will want to add some foliage to the top of the cage as well to create places for him to retreat should he want to do so. Live pothos plants are wonderful along with dwarf umbrella plants. Keep your basking branch at about 7 inches below the lighting.

thank you!! i really appreciate the help!!

i got a few pictures of the back of his feet this morning! i think it’s safe to say he’s a male right?

Attachments

• F17FE915-35D1-485E-97E8-04358FFF0332.jpeg
    F17FE915-35D1-485E-97E8-04358FFF0332.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 279D6A9D-D5B7-4493-9A7C-362149244928.jpeg
    279D6A9D-D5B7-4493-9A7C-362149244928.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 125
  • B00D8327-BDD5-45A4-B9CC-7A844889C4B6.jpeg
    B00D8327-BDD5-45A4-B9CC-7A844889C4B6.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 139
Back
Top Bottom