Veiled Chameleon is orange ?

abe_305

I purchased a veiled chameleon today and the people said that the reason she is this color is because she was /is kind of stress but they also said she was/has been doing and everything before I got her anyways she’s been this color all day i think it’s cool and maybe it’s like rare or something I don’t really know I don’t think she’s stressed but I don’t know , help?? (The picture is of her sleeping)
E11B63D3-EE40-4BB2-80B2-5DEC54421A9F.jpeg

Most likely indicates aggression or stress. She shouldn’t be climbing on the screen like that also, I would provide more branches and foliage for her to hide and climb. Since she is new, I would avoid handling and hovering around her enclosure to often for atleast a few days to let her acclimate to her new surroundings. Also, the orange is really cool and haven’t seen it in veiled chams much especially this young and her being a female. Anyways, enjoy your new Cham and watch out for any sickness!

The foundation color for veiled chameleons is green; on top of this are sometimes blotches and streaks in other colors such as brown, white, beige, black, yellow and orange. These other colors generally emerge as the creatures develop. Males tend to have more intense and vivid coloration in comparison to the fairer sex.
When these lizards are in calm relaxation mode, they usually simply blend in with the rest of their environment, in true inconspicuous chameleon style. This usually involves muted brown or green colors, and is a way of staying out of predators' fields of vision. If you can barely detect the presence of a veiled chameleon, there's a good chance he's taking it easy.

Veiled chameleons are typically meek and are timid animals. If you notice that a veiled chameleon instantly takes on a darker coloring, it often means that he is either shocked or in defensive mode. When a veiled chameleon gets darker, you also might noticing him rolling his body up into a small, compact and inconspicuous ball shape. Veiled chameleons usually wait it out in these positions and darker colors for as long as it takes for their threats to pass. If they still sense the presence of danger, they won't revert back to normal behavior and activity. They only do so once they feel totally safe. Also sometimes dark colors means sick

Veiled chameleons in moods of excitement or stimulation usually take on brighter and paler coloring. With veiled chameleons in excited moods, you might notice, as an example, quick shifts in color ranging from deep, dull green to practically neon green. If a veiled chameleon's coloring is muted and dark, he might be feeling placid and calm. If it swiftly turns neon green, it might mean the complete opposite, perhaps a reaction to a sighting of a specimen from the opposite sex -- mating time. This type of color change also is common in times of territorial behavior and protection. If an individual is trying to ward an intruder away from his personal turf, his body might just take on a much lighter colored and more noticeable look.

Apart from mood, a veiled chameleon's color can also communicate other types of things, including lighting and temperature. When they feel hot, they tend to darken in color. When they're in the cold, or in areas that are particularly dim, they usually lighten.

Back
Top Bottom