Veiled chameleon help

Samsamrango12

Hello I have a veiled chameleon names rango who is a male he has been in my care less then a year . My chameleon loves to get out of his cage he’s handle pretty often but lost out in a big tree I have infringed of my window in my living room to get some natural uv. Which he loves . Feeding wise he eats meal worms , worms wax , an some super worms , an crickets I gut load the crickets an have them in a big tub to feed em nice an fat with veggies and fruits . I use reptivie with D3 an reptile calauicm without D3 has always eats some greens here an there he likes them . He has a water fountain in his cage I self mist him 3-4 Times a day normally .I see him drink yes . His poop is brown an pee a little yellow but white still . I bought him from pet supplie plus he started losing a little bit of weight in January an he has always has these little bumps on his back him legs but nothing to worry some it looked like he was just gaining weight an his legs were filling out so I wasn’t to worried about them this morning I went to feed him n he was very weak like . He seems very shaky I just started up with work again an he probably hasn’t been getting enough water I was thinking so I gave him some water threw a string an he drank it I got him to eat a Couple of worms I put him on a branch in the shower an let the steam run so he could get all that steam in his system I even put a warm cloth on him he seemed to enjoy that . Me an my friend were think mbd because his back legs he won’t bear weight to often. But then I hear doc gout an that definitely fits way better . He is still moving around but sluggish an he seem very tired . I’m taking him to the vet in the am but I praying it’s jsut dyhratuon because I don’t want him to be sick poor thing ugh I would die if anything happened to him ... he definitely lost a lot of weight I noticed. To but he is still eat some but not as much as he normally would I do hand feed him he normally would eat 10 crickets 10 meals worms 5 wax worms. An one or two super worms a week but he cut down half of that he just don’t wanna eat as much I figured he was just being picky . I’m gonna post some videos of him from today please tell me what you think .. an I did just set up a new cage set up but ordering new things this week . I attached that to it as well I just attached two cages together so he has wider area a. I have to put everything in my mom put it up while I was at work while she took care of him today

Attachments

• F6CD7CED-7C34-4DCA-8DE1-AB569CE6C4BA.png
    F6CD7CED-7C34-4DCA-8DE1-AB569CE6C4BA.png
    731.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 690C283D-1F20-4CD1-8112-BDFB95E78F20.jpeg
    690C283D-1F20-4CD1-8112-BDFB95E78F20.jpeg
    271 KB · Views: 105
Ok so I see a few things that need changing.
Hello I have a veiled chameleon names rango who is a male he has been in my care less then a year . My chameleon loves to get out of his cage he’s handle pretty often but lost out in a big tree I have infringed of my window in my living room to get some natural uv. UV doesn't pass through glass windows. Which he loves . Feeding wise he eats meal worms There are mixed opinions about feeding meal worms to chams, I would keep it to an absolute minimum if you have to feed them , worms wax These are a treat and should be restricted , an some super worms Same as waxworms , an crickets I gut load the crickets an have them in a big tub to feed em nice an fat with veggies and fruits Good, you can do this with other good staples too such as locusts and roaches . I use reptivie with D3 an reptile calauicm without D3 How often do you use each? has always eats some greens here an there he likes them If he is eating greens then you need to remove all the fake plants, you don't want him getting confused and munching on the fakes and getting impacted. He has a water fountainRemove this now. They are a breeding ground for bacteria and even cleaning it daily won't stop the build up. in his cage I self mist him 3-4 Times a day normally Make sure you measure humidity, veileds only really need 2-3 mistings, just after lights on just before lights off and then one in the afternoon if absolutely necessary .I see him drink yes . His poop is brown an pee a little yellow but white still . I bought him from pet supplie plus he started losing a little bit of weight in January an he has always has these little bumps on his back him legs but nothing to worry some it looked like he was just gaining weight an his legs were filling out so I wasn’t to worried about them this morning I went to feed him n he was very weak like . He seems very shaky I just started up with work again an he probably hasn’t been getting enough water I was thinking so I gave him some water threw a string an he drank it I got him to eat a Couple of worms I put him on a branch in the shower an let the steam run so he could get all that steam in his system I even put a warm cloth on him he seemed to enjoy that . Me an my friend were think mbd because his back legs he won’t bear weight to often. But then I hear doc gout an that definitely fits way better . He is still moving around but sluggish an he seem very tired . I’m taking him to the vet in the am but I praying it’s jsut dyhratuon because I don’t want him to be sick poor thing ugh I would die if anything happened to him ... he definitely lost a lot of weight I noticed. To but he is still eat some but not as much as he normally would I do hand feed him he normally would eat 10 crickets 10 meals worms 5 wax worms. An one or two super worms a week but he cut down half of that he just don’t wanna eat as much I figured he was just being picky . I’m gonna post some videos of him from today please tell me what you think .. an I did just set up a new cage set up but ordering new things this week . I attached that to it as well I just attached two cages together so he has wider area a. I have to put everything in my mom put it up while I was at work while she took care of him today
As they get older they eat less.

The one thing I do see is no Linear UVB in your picture. This is essential. T5HO are the ones recommended with either a 5.0 reptisun or 6% arcadia bulb. This needs to be addressed
immediately.

There is a website called Chameleon Academy which has modules on husbandry which will help you with the setup https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/ . There are also plenty of threads on here that contain lots of useful information. Please come back and ask any questions.

I'm not a vet and you are doing the right thing taking him there. From the picture it looks like gout but it could be other things as well.

If you search 'how to ask for help' there is a form which you can copy and paste and then fill out in as much detail as possible.

That’s the thing I bought those kits N just ordered new ubv lamps because I heard bad thing about them . So I already have more thing coming in the mail as this is his new set up ..

Hi and welcome. If you answer the following questions as thoroughly as possible, someone can review your husbandry and get a better idea of what may be going on.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom