Veiled chameleon food...

Justnmac

I’m a new owner of a veiled chameleon an I was wondering can I feed my veiled juvenile Dubai roaches everyday or those only once in a while treats? An what about certain worms... are those a once in a while treat too? Buying crickets every 4 Days is getting old An he’s getting bigger now would like to mix it up with something new for him. Looking to get any diet regime ideas. Looking to buy online an not have to go to Petco as much to purchase crickets. (I don’t want to bread crickets either lol)

I’m a new owner of a veiled chameleon an I was wondering can I feed my veiled juvenile Dubai roaches everyday or those only once in a while treats? An what about certain worms... are those a once in a while treat too? Buying crickets every 4 Days is getting old An he’s getting bigger now would like to mix it up with something new for him. Looking to get any diet regime ideas. Looking to buy online an not have to go to Petco as much to purchase crickets. (I don’t want to bread crickets either lol)
Dubias as far as i know can be staple diet ad as far as worms, hornworms they absolutely love and super worms are great too. Hornworms are more of a treat though supers can be staple also as far as i know. This is how i feed my one year old veiled.

Attachments

• Big.jpg
    Big.jpg
    482.7 KB · Views: 131
Yes, Dubai roaches are a great feeder and would highly recommend getting some. They are very easy to keep too! Much cleaner than crickets. As far as worms go, super worms, wax worms (very rarely as a fun treat), hornworms, silkworms, and phoenix worms are all good options. Flies and fly larva are AMAZING for enrichment and usually chameleons will love to hunt them. Most of the stuff I just mentioned is ok to feed every couple of days. I mainly get my feeders from Josh's Frogs, but I know that there are other options such as Feedersource and Rainbowmealworms. It looks like there are plenty of sponsors on this website that sell good quality food for your cham. You can also occasionally offer bits of safe veggies and fruits such as collard greens and mango. I am also relatively new to owning a chameleon, so I'm sure there are some people here that will have better suggestions. ;) But I hope this helps!

Dubias are a great base of the diet... better if gutloaded first. A ten gallon aquarium is supplying me with all the nymphs I need for two panthers plus I supply some to a pet store. Just dont forget, chams need a varied diet.

Dubias as far as i know can be staple diet ad as far as worms, hornworms they absolutely love and super worms are great too. Hornworms are more of a treat though supers can be staple also as far as i know. This is how i feed my one year old veiled.

Super worms are definitely a "treat" and not a staple. Try to limit them to twice a week or less.

Back
Top Bottom