Veiled Chameleon eyes are closed

dunno why you havent taken him to the vet :s you sound like you know what you're doing, but if it isnt working definitely take him to the vet - it could be a mixture of things, and leaving it is only going to make the problem worse and more expensive, and if it's a simple medicinal solution then the vet wont be that much. i noticed my 1 month old chameleons eyes closed and it steadily got worse, i wasted about a week on here trying everything people said, took him to a vet after a week and having got him there early all it took was some exocine drops 3 times a day and now he's fine.
not saying that the people here are no good, no ones going to give you advice that is wrong, but we cant see the chameleon in person, and you cant sue us if we get it wrong ^^
the cause of it could be anything, if you got him recently it might be something he caught in transit or from the previous owner/shop, maybe some kind of worm or bacteria, something wrong with his lighting, the eyes could be an infection, he'll be suffering from stress, it could be mbd mixed in there causing weakness in his legs and feet and that will then cause problems everywhere else.
get him checked out :)
vets are lovely people ^^
good luch

Well today's sunday, and i cant contact my vet. I alredy had an appointment on wednesday, and am so affraid, coz it's the first time, i see my cham looks dying. Thats why i need your advice, at least a first aid until Wednesday. FYI i already spent about 300€ for him. He hospitaled for 10day because MBD til now he got liquid calcium and anti biotik. Please need your advice immedietly. Thanks, sorry for my english.

rookie

Hey, my chameleon is having the exact same problem. Her eyes look just like your chams. Can you tell me what worked? I thought she was dehydrated and started giving her about 4 cc via syringe each day, showering her once per week, and i mist the cage 2 x per day. Im going to get vitamin A tomorrow. I have a post on here (eye problems) also. Please help.....

I am haveing the same issue. Our chameleon is about 2 mos old maybe. And after his 1st shed he started cloing his eyes, not they have been closed 7 days today. We took him to the vet a few days ago and gor some meds for the eye but its not helping . we also have somw powder food to mix and feed him 3x a day. Hes very active otherwise. I am so worried he will be blind. Does anyone have any advise.

Back
Top Bottom