veiled chameleon diet help! picky?

srry for all these threads but im trying to be as prepared as possible! since this is my first chameleon ever! ok so i dont need to go over plants water cage etc. just food! since i heard a post of someone talking about how picky theyre chameleon is this got me thinking! since i still yet dont have the chameleon i was thinking of feeding it a variety diet! it will be roaches,hornworms,superworms, and crickets. i wanted to buy right now hornworms and superworms to breed for a head start( i already know everything for breeding) and when i purchase my chameleon i will buy the crickets and roaches all together. but the thing is will my chameleon even eat all of this!? this picky thing got me worried? will my veiled chameleon eat a varied diet? whats that chance it will be a picky guy? if it comes out picky what can i do!? should i really buy all of this? will i just waste tons of money?, my estimate is $50 on all the feeders above and i wouldnt like to throw all that money away! im trying to make this chameleon the happiest chameleon!:confused::) any help plz!!? appreciate it! btw: its a 7-9 inch male veiled

Most Chams, will eat all of the above! No need to apologize , It makes me very happy you are taking the proper steps to becoming the best cham owner you can be!!! You should look at making a feeder bowl/jug for all the feeders. My veiled loves hornworms and superworms! You should look into getting some flies, those are merlins favorites! The only thing with superworms is that they grow very very fast. Great lakes hornworms sales a 25 ct of small ones , they are also a site sponsor, you could get a longer "shelf life" out of them. Best of luck!!

Most Chams, will eat all of the above! No need to apologize , It makes me very happy you are taking the proper steps to becoming the best cham owner you can be!!! You should look at making a feeder bowl/jug for all the feeders. My veiled loves hornworms and superworms! You should look into getting some flies, those are merlins favorites! The only thing with superworms is that they grow very very fast. Great lakes hornworms sales a 25 ct of small ones , they are also a site sponsor, you could get a longer "shelf life" out of them. Best of luck!!

I believe that hornworms are the ones that grow fast, superworms are a great feeder

Sana

lol yes i was a little confused there i think you right hornworms are the one that grow fast. but what do you think guys should i really buy all of the above??!:D

I believe that hornworms are the ones that grow fast, superworms are a great feeder

Sana

haha whoops, thats what I meant! I'm in the middle of watching tv , so I got a little distracted. And as for the flies, LLLreptile sells flightless fruitflies for baby chameleons, as for when they get older, you can get reptiworms, which grow in the black soldier flies. I get blue bottle flies from http://www.mantisplace.com/

ohh gosh!! those black soldier flies are terrifing! do they bite or sting? or are they harmless. and ok lol not to get off topic but what do you guys think should i really buy all that ?

Back
Top Bottom