Veiled Cham vs blue nosey be

dropanuke

Hey guys and gals I was just curious as to which is the most tolerant to keep?
I have an adult female veiled that I can likely get to jump through hoops lol
But I wanted to know which is the easiest to keep? I know a Cham is a Cham and all are very demanding just interested as I will get another Cham but wanted your opinions

Veiled Males tend to be a bit more aggressive... sometimes so nosey would be chiller, but then you would have a miss match

As far as husbandry they are very similar in care really if that is what you mean. As far as temperment that is really part roll of the dice and the way you interact with your chameleon on a regular basis I think. There are some that just have nicer personalities that others. I handle both my panthers every day. They have never hissed, or bit me once.

yes same conditions pretty much but the panthers can take a higher basking temp. Same food, same supplement schedules. I don't have veilds just from what I have learned on here. Humidity around 50% ideally with spikes when you mist. I bask my panthers abound 95 and they also are outside in the FLA sun where it is even hotter. Cage temps I keep in the low to mid 70's and that can apply to Veilds also. I don't know how hot it is in Yemen(which to me would seem hot) but people seem to bask their veilds in the low 80 degree range for young ones and adults in the higher 80's. I do know some people who live in Fla that keep their Veilds outside so I think they can tolerate the higher temps. The females you always want to keep their temps at the minimum range as it is said to help prevent the production of eggs.

Yeah. main diff is between male and females. i have panthers and veileds. the main differences IMO is that a veileds Casque can get burnt more easily, their colors, i believe panthers are slightly larger but dont quote me on that lol. and my veileds do prefer a lower basking temp then my panthers. the cage i built for my veiled now houses my panther bc the design of it retains too much heat and my veiled didnt like it, but my panther LOVES IT!
its all about preference and money. obviously in general veileds are cheaper to purchase

Male Veilds can be just as large or larger than a good size adult panther. Both my panthers weigh in the 230-260 gram range(it fluctuates) and an adult Male Veild can easily weigh that. Not the females though.

I have both panthers and veileds and I find that my panthers want more water. They will sit under their dripper for hours and will drink from my hand spray for sometimes 15 minutes, standing up, soaking up the water, drinking more, reveling in the water. I finally got a reptifogger and they will sit in front or under that for quite awhile before moving away.

My veileds will drink for maybe 30 seconds to a minute at the most when I spray them then will move away. They won't accept more water, but I spray for moisture anyway. After all, it helps when they shed. Other then that, it's about the same for them both.

Male Veilds can be just as large or larger than a good size adult panther. Both my panthers weigh in the 230-260 gram range(it fluctuates) and an adult Male Veild can easily weigh that. Not the females though.

yeah. every male veiled i have ever seen has been smaller than panthers. but my veiled is a really good size. it freaks me out seeing small chameleons in pet stores bc i think that might be why my judgment is askew bc for the most part jacksons and veileds are in petstores and not taken care of properly like my rescue was. so my size reference to veiled and jacksons could very well be undernourished petstore animals... but im highjacking this thread sorry :(

back to subject. i love both kinds. i want to own one of every species of cham before i die.
you obviously decided that if you get a panther it would be a nosy be and with that i agree!!! they are so pretty!!! :D

My veiled is 17" long and has knockout colors. Merlin the Magnificent is one of the A+ veiled and is gentle and friendly to people and to his girlfriends.

Is there much difference in temperament?
Do panthers eat greens like veileds?
The blues ones look so nice. The red ones seem more intimidating due to their colour lol

Is there much difference in temperament?
Do panthers eat greens like veileds?
The blues ones look so nice. The red ones seem more intimidating due to their colour lol

No, pathers will not eat vegetables unless they are dehydrated, in some cases. From what I hear, people say panthers are nicer but I have a veiled that is extremely sweet and just as nice as any old panther. My goal is to get an ambilobe, and soon a Jackson's Xanth, and at some point a Mt. Kenya Jackson's. But really depends on the personality. I would recommend meeting a local breeder or reliable reptile store to meet the cham first. Nosy Be's tend to show mostly different shades of blue and some red and white, while Veileds can show a variety of green, white, brown, yellow, orange, blue, black, and I've even seen little spots of purple around the neck area. But it all comes down to prefferance and budget.

I have a male Nosy be and a Female Nosy Be. The female has a "look and don't touch" attitude :D. I used to be able to handle her when she was younger but after she went through her first receptive stage she is now really aggressive. If I try to pick her up she WILL attempt to bite me. I have been trying to work with her to get her more tolerant but it just does not seem to be working out. My male is only about 5 months old now and is already showing signs that he is much more laid back. He was eating from my hand at 4 months and I can hand feed him all the time anytime now. I still have yet to be able to get him to willingly climb onto my hand though. I hear of people with Chams one here that just come right onto their hands and are extremely nice, LOL! I have yet to have a Cham with that personality. But as mentioned, they are all as different as humans and other animals. They just have different personalities and some are far more laid back than others. You are really just spinning the roulette wheel when you get one.

My female Cham is about 5 1/2 years old. Her previous owner was going to leave her in an empty flat, I swore when I was 16 I'd never have reptiles/Arachnids again.
Being a reptile lover I said "no mate you can't do that as she will die"
I sai how much u want for her and the cage. £100 and am now glad I got her. Like I said the only thing I can't do is get get her to roll over and jump thru hoops. She is very I mean very well behaved and will come to my willingly!! But she is getting old. Iv had her 2 years. Iv had scorpions, spiders, snails, snakes, water dragons. Stick insects and praying mantids

that is a good age for a female so you must be doing something right! As far as the panthers, I have seen on here very few that eat fruits or vegetables. My two do not. As far as what the other member saying that if they are dehydrated they will eat them, I have never heard of that but not saying it is not true.

Back
Top Bottom