Veiled Cham Poop

Evie091

Your Chameleon - Female, Yemen Chameleon, not sure of age as I wasn't told when I got her. She has been with me for a 7 days.
Handling - She comes out for handling every other day and seems comfortable and calm, but I am working with getting her out more at her own pace.
Feeding - I am feeding her crickets, and waxworms as a treat. I am feeding her 5 crickets a day but I am in the process of transitioning to 5 crickets every other day. I feed her in the morning but sometimes the crickets jump out of the pot and she just finds them throughout the day. I am giving Them a mix of carrots, apple and cucumber but am going to try and add more leafy greens to their diet. I put arcadia insect fuel on the food and bug gel.
Supplements - I am using EarthPro A on most feedings and will alternate between calcium mg and revitalize d3 every other week.
Watering - I mist her enclosure about 3 times a day for 1 or 2 mins. I sometimes see her drinking after misting but I dont see her drinking of the leaves much, I have bought a dripper for them though which is in the post.
Fecal Description - this morning the feces was slightly jelly like and the urate was tinged a dark yellowy orange. I don't think she has been tested for parasites.
History - I don't really know any of her history.
Cage Info:

Cage Type - Mesh enclosure 61 x 61 x 122 cm (24" x 24" x 48")
Lighting - arcadia e27 solar basking floodlight, 150W Uva and arcadia prot5 uvb, 24W, 12% UVB. I turn her lights on around 8:45 am and turn them off around 8:45 pm.
Temperature - I'm not sure what the temps are as I have ordered a thermometer but It hasn't arrived, which is worrying me.
Humidity - Humidity is usually from 50 to 70%, sometimes goes up to 80 after misting but never above that. I use a analog hygrometer to measure it.
Plants - I've got fake plants for right now but am looking into getting live plants.
Placement - The enclosure is in my bedroom, there are no fans, air vents and it isn't a high traffic area. The top of the enclosure is 194 cm from the floor.
Location - I live in the UK.

My concern is over the feces. I know that when the urate isn't white it can be a sign of dehydration so should I mist more often? Is the poo runnier because I have introduced wax worms as a treat that I give her once or twice a week? I don't have a picture as my phone wasn't with me at the time. I'm a worrier and I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to help them so I thought it best to ask. Thanks in advance!

Your Chameleon - Female, Yemen Chameleon, not sure of age as I wasn't told when I got her. She has been with me for a 7 days.
Handling - She comes out for handling every other day and seems comfortable and calm, but I am working with getting her out more at her own pace.
Feeding - I am feeding her crickets, and waxworms as a treat. I am feeding her 5 crickets a day but I am in the process of transitioning to 5 crickets every other day. I feed her in the morning but sometimes the crickets jump out of the pot and she just finds them throughout the day. I am giving Them a mix of carrots, apple and cucumber but am going to try and add more leafy greens to their diet. I put arcadia insect fuel on the food and bug gel.
Supplements - I am using EarthPro A on most feedings and will alternate between calcium mg and revitalize d3 every other week.
Watering - I mist her enclosure about 3 times a day for 1 or 2 mins. I sometimes see her drinking after misting but I dont see her drinking of the leaves much, I have bought a dripper for them though which is in the post.
Fecal Description - this morning the feces was slightly jelly like and the urate was tinged a dark yellowy orange. I don't think she has been tested for parasites.
Cage Info:

Lighting - arcadia e27 solar basking floodlight, 150W Uva and arcadia prot5 uvb, 24W, 12% UVB. I turn her lights on around 8:45 am and turn them off around 8:45 pm.
Temperature - I'm not sure what the temps are as I have ordered a thermometer but It hasn't arrived, which is worrying me.
Humidity - Humidity is usually from 50 to 70%, sometimes goes up to 80 after misting but never above that. I use a analog hygrometer to measure it.
Plants - I've got fake plants for right now but am looking into getting live plants.
Placement - The enclosure is in my bedroom, there are no fans, air vents and it isn't a high traffic area. The top of the enclosure is 194 cm from the floor.

My concern is over the feces. I know that when the urate isn't white it can be a sign of dehydration so should I mist more often? Is the poo runnier because I have introduced wax worms as a treat that I give her once or twice a week? I don't have a picture as my phone wasn't with me at the time. I'm a worrier and I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to help them so I thought it best to ask. Thanks in advance!
If the urates have a little yellow, that's ok. You just dont want full yellow and orange ones.

Hi there see my feedback in red bold.
Your Chameleon - Female, Yemen Chameleon, not sure of age as I wasn't told when I got her. She has been with me for a 7 days. Post pics please.
Feeding - I am feeding her crickets, and waxworms as a treat. I am feeding her 5 crickets a day but I am in the process of transitioning to 5 crickets every other day. I feed her in the morning but sometimes the crickets jump out of the pot and she just finds them throughout the day. I am giving Them a mix of carrots, apple and cucumber but am going to try and add more leafy greens to their diet. I put arcadia insect fuel on the food and bug gel. Important to have an idea of age so your not feeding too little. Posting pics will help us give you an idea of age.
Supplements - I am using EarthPro A on most feedings and will alternate between calcium mg and revitalize d3 every other week. Perfect except you want to rotate the Cal mg and the revitalise D3 every week at one feeding so that each one is given two times in a months time.
Fecal Description - this morning the feces was slightly jelly like and the urate was tinged a dark yellowy orange. I don't think she has been tested for parasites. Could be from her holding it longer... See what the next one looks like. It can be up to 50% yellow orange with the rest being white and not be an issue. If fecals continue to be mucousy then I would get a fecal done to rule out a parasite issue.
Cage Info:

Lighting - arcadia e27 solar basking floodlight, 150W Uva and arcadia prot5 uvb, 24W, 12% UVB. I turn her lights on around 8:45 am and turn them off around 8:45 pm. You want a full 12 inches to basking with a 12% bulb... No closer or the UVI level will be too high for her. Or get a 6% bulb then distance would be 8-9 inches to basking from the fixture sitting on top of the enclosure.
Humidity - Humidity is usually from 50 to 70%, sometimes goes up to 80 after misting but never above that. I use a analog hygrometer to measure it. a bit high for a daytime level with a Veiled... 30-50% on the max end is what your looking for. Misting when the cage is cooler rather then hotter will help this.
Plants - I've got fake plants for right now but am looking into getting live plants. Live plants are much safer with Veileds.

My concern is over the feces. I know that when the urate isn't white it can be a sign of dehydration so should I mist more often? Is the poo runnier because I have introduced wax worms as a treat that I give her once or twice a week? I don't have a picture as my phone wasn't with me at the time. I'm a worrier and I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to help them so I thought it best to ask. Thanks in advance! We really need a picture... Take one next time if it is the same.

Accurate info:

https://chameleonacademy.com/

https://www.chameleonbreeder.com/

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeptunetheChameleon?sub_confirmation=1

Hi there see my feedback in red bold.
Your Chameleon - Female, Yemen Chameleon, not sure of age as I wasn't told when I got her. She has been with me for a 7 days. Post pics please.
Feeding - I am feeding her crickets, and waxworms as a treat. I am feeding her 5 crickets a day but I am in the process of transitioning to 5 crickets every other day. I feed her in the morning but sometimes the crickets jump out of the pot and she just finds them throughout the day. I am giving Them a mix of carrots, apple and cucumber but am going to try and add more leafy greens to their diet. I put arcadia insect fuel on the food and bug gel. Important to have an idea of age so your not feeding too little. Posting pics will help us give you an idea of age.
Supplements - I am using EarthPro A on most feedings and will alternate between calcium mg and revitalize d3 every other week. Perfect except you want to rotate the Cal mg and the revitalise D3 every week at one feeding so that each one is given two times in a months time.
Fecal Description - this morning the feces was slightly jelly like and the urate was tinged a dark yellowy orange. I don't think she has been tested for parasites. Could be from her holding it longer... See what the next one looks like. It can be up to 50% yellow orange with the rest being white and not be an issue. If fecals continue to be mucousy then I would get a fecal done to rule out a parasite issue.
Cage Info:

Lighting - arcadia e27 solar basking floodlight, 150W Uva and arcadia prot5 uvb, 24W, 12% UVB. I turn her lights on around 8:45 am and turn them off around 8:45 pm. You want a full 12 inches to basking with a 12% bulb... No closer or the UVI level will be too high for her. Or get a 6% bulb then distance would be 8-9 inches to basking from the fixture sitting on top of the enclosure.
Humidity - Humidity is usually from 50 to 70%, sometimes goes up to 80 after misting but never above that. I use a analog hygrometer to measure it. a bit high for a daytime level with a Veiled... 30-50% on the max end is what your looking for. Misting when the cage is cooler rather then hotter will help this.
Plants - I've got fake plants for right now but am looking into getting live plants. Live plants are much safer with Veileds.

My concern is over the feces. I know that when the urate isn't white it can be a sign of dehydration so should I mist more often? Is the poo runnier because I have introduced wax worms as a treat that I give her once or twice a week? I don't have a picture as my phone wasn't with me at the time. I'm a worrier and I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to help them so I thought it best to ask. Thanks in advance! We really need a picture... Take one next time if it is the same.

Accurate info:

https://chameleonacademy.com/

https://www.chameleonbreeder.com/

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeptunetheChameleon?sub_confirmation=1
IMG_20201211_170409.jpg

This is where she lays most often although she has been wandering around a lot more since she has settled in a bit more.
Sorry for describing the supplement regime wrong but I am doing what you have suggested.
I'm sorting some more branches for her enclosure tomorrow so I'll be able to properly adjust the branch under her light.
Thank you for the help!

Probably slightly smaller when just laid about but closer to 7 inches when stretching or reaching for something.

LOl let me rephrase that. You would want to start reducing food now because based on size she looks roughly 6 months old. Not do it in 6 months. I dunno maybe you understood what I wrote but reading it back I barely did :hilarious:

LOl let me rephrase that. You would want to start reducing food now because based on size she looks roughly 6 months old. Not do it in 6 months. I dunno maybe you understood what I wrote but reading it back I barely did :hilarious:
😂 Don't worry I understood what you meant! Thank you for the help!

Hi Evie091 if you click on arcadia website it will show and explain supplements and routine. Without seeing your enclosure I might think that 150 watt flood might be to hot i personally use an arcadia 75 watt halogen which is around 8 inches away from my basking area which is 26/28 Celsius

Hi Evie091 if you click on arcadia website it will show and explain supplements and routine. Without seeing your enclosure I might think that 150 watt flood might be to hot i personally use an arcadia 75 watt halogen which is around 8 inches away from my basking area which is 26/28 Celsius
Her routine is correct. It is another way of structuring Arcadias 8 feed cycle that is more confusing for people to follow.

Back
Top Bottom