Veiled Cham Not Eating

marooned

Hi guys,

I am new here and just got my first Cham! She is a baby and i've had her for 3 days so far, but I'm not sure how old she is. The first feeding I gave her crickets and she ate them up. Today I gave her a super worm in the morning to see if she'd like it. She ate it just fine. A little while later I put another worm and some crickets in her cage. She wasn't interested in any of them and hasn't eaten them yet and it's been about 10 hours.

It was also strange because when I first put them in her cage she started acting wierd, at least in a way I haven't seen her act before. She started walking around her cage a lot and circling one particular area over and over. I thought maybe she felt scared so I took her out and let her hang out outside the cage for a while and she did good. I put her back in and she still hasn't eaten. She seems to be acting a bit more scared and shy today in general even with me. If it helps she also seems to be overall darker color the last few hours. I'm just worried and want to make sure I'm taking good care of her! Any thoughts are super appreciated :)

I wouldn't worry about her not eating the second worm. The other behavior may just her being a cham... they go through moods. Get that form bobbdigital linked filled out and back to us asap.

I'm having the same problem with my chameleon as well. Not sure if he's just bored of crickets , but my little guy is about 4 months old ( I've had him for a month nor), and he hasn't ate since Friday. He shed about two weeks ago. Not sure when I should start worrying; I usually feed him 1/4 crickets, sometimes I'll feed him 1/2 because the pet store will add some in by accident. I've been feeding him 12-15 1/4 crickets a day and about 10-12 1/2 crickets. The weird thing is .. he's been really active since Friday and he's been drinking water. I'd really like to know yalls opinion thanks!

I'm having the same problem with my chameleon as well. Not sure if he's just bored of crickets , but my little guy is about 4 months old ( I've had him for a month nor), and he hasn't ate since Friday. He shed about two weeks ago. Not sure when I should start worrying; I usually feed him 1/4 crickets, sometimes I'll feed him 1/2 because the pet store will add some in by accident. I've been feeding him 12-15 1/4 crickets a day and about 10-12 1/2 crickets. The weird thing is .. he's been really active since Friday and he's been drinking water. I'd really like to know yalls opinion thanks!
Try adding a variety of feeders to his diet

Back
Top Bottom