Veiled cham leg shape?

Yay! You’ve come over to the dark side! :ROFLMAO: Sounds like a good gut load except drop the broccoli (can’t recall why, but believe it’s a no). Gut load and feed just the same as you do for crickets.
You can get pothos pretty much anywhere. If you’re feeling creative you can try to secure in the middle of your enclosure and let the vines grow down, or put it on the bottom and they’ll grow up.

It's been a long day. Not sure why I wrote broccoli. I meant zucchini. It's the other "green thing" I feed the crickets besides dandelion greens (I kind of keep track of what I give them by color to try to make sure they get a variety - two "green things", generally dandelion greens and zucchini, two "orange things" like sweet potatoes and carrots, one "yellow thing" like squash, and then a few small pieces of fruit like strawberry or grapes.) I know broccoli is high in phosphorus.

On the pothos, I could probably figure out how to secure them in the middle, I'd just be concerned about him getting in the pots if I put them in the middle - would that be dangerous? Do they grow fast? I'd love to put a hibiscus in there because he adores his outside hibiscus tree, but where I am, hibiscus trees are all enormous, so I'm not sure how to make that work.

Last edited:
I just bought some discoids (still not keen on breeding them but it appears I can easily order them)... I got 1/2-3/4" inch, because that sounded close to the size of crickets he gets, and he's an adult cham. Does that seem like a good size choice?

Also, is there anything special/different I need to do for them than crickets? Can they be gutloaded with the same kinds of things (dandelion greens, sweet potatoes, broccoli, carrots, some small bits of fruit)?

Finally, what would a good ratio of these? If he's getting 3-5 feeders a day (once we trim him down to that - he started his diet so it'll be a few weeks while we whittle that down), like 2-3 roaches and 2 crickets? I know roaches are better for them, but I always thought the only options were dubias (which I can't get) so I'm pretty excited about these.
@jamest0o0 can answer any of your discoid questions and help set you up with a colony once you’re finally tired of ordering and paying for them all the time ?

Last edited:
It's been a long day. Not sure why I wrote broccoli. I meant zucchini. It's the other "green thing" I feed the crickets besides dandelion greens (I kind of keep track of what I give them by color to try to make sure they get a variety - two "green things", generally dandelion greens and zucchini, two "orange things" like sweet potatoes and carrots, one "yellow thing" like squash, and then a few small pieces of fruit like strawberry or grapes.) I know broccoli is high in phosphorus.

On the pothos, I could probably figure out how to secure them in the middle, I'd just be concerned about him getting in the pots if I put them in the middle - would that be dangerous? Do they grow fast? I'd love to put a hibiscus in there because he adores his outside hibiscus tree, but where I am, hibiscus trees are all enormous, so I'm not sure how to make that work.
Most put some river rocks on top of the dirt around the plants to prevent accidental ingestion. The rocks just need to be big enough so your cham can’t eat them. Pothos grow relatively fast. Hibiscus needs a lot of light, so you’d be needing some really good plant lighting.

So he definitely loves the roaches. :ROFLMAO:

And they are a million times better than crickets. Never thought I'd say such a thing about roaches, but gosh, crickets are so smelly!

Back
Top Bottom